Coal Mine Registration Is Open (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that. The Hampton Inn is not cheap.
EDIT: I lucked out. A tent site opened up and I booked it. T12.
Nice...I'm going to be at the Baymont Wyndham, right on 81 at Suedberg Road, cheaper than the Hampton, about $115 for a double queen suite. Only a few miles from the campground, so I hope to hang with the campground crew in the after hours.

Steve and I are in one of the Cabins over there. I think Jeff may be staying in our cabin also.

Tried to edit an up to date with new reservations. Sorry if I can't remember everyone's RW Name vs the Mud Name

T07 76FJ40 & Matt
T12 DirtNap
T17 Crusha
T18 PRHarper
T21 DavidP14
T23 Svensk
Cabin T06P Von Hayek
Cabin Bart & Burl
Cabin Jakes40 & Steve maybe Jeff
Hotel Baymont Wyndham ETCruiser

Looks like a good group will be in camp with a few outside of it

Tried to edit an up to date with new reservations. Sorry if I can't remember everyone's RW Name vs the Mud Name

T07 76FJ40 & Matt
T12 DirtNap
T17 Crusha
T18 PRHarper
T21 DavidP14
T23 Svensk
Cabin T06P Von Hayek
Cabin Bart & Burl
Cabin Jakes40 & Steve maybe Jeff
Hotel Baymont Wyndham ETCruiser

Looks like a good group will be in camp with a few outside of it
If this is a safe space, names would be helpful.

My name is Sean, and I'm a Toyotaholic.

Last edited:
I will be at Camp a While right up near Rt. 125 in Hegins. Arriving Wed afternoon. Quite a few more tent sites there.

Camp a while is a great little spot, much closer to the trails. Bring some ear plugs if you think a Jake brake in the night will wake you.

M
If this is a safe space, names would be helpful.

My name is Sean, and I'm a Toyotaholic.
My name is Finn and i have an issue with rescuing Cast Iron

Eric here…looking forward to the event!

M

My name is Finn and i have an issue with rescuing Cast Iron
Finn or Svensk, pick a lane.:rofl:
Cast iron for fire, or cast iron with blades?

Finn or Svensk, pick a lane.:rofl:
Cast iron for fire, or cast iron with blades?
I am Swedish by birth Finn by name... I am a Scandinavian mutt by blood

Cast iron by fire ( pans ) i enjoy restoring old pans and giving them a new lease on life!

1688305592107.png

Cast iron by fire ( pans ) i enjoy restoring old pans and giving them a new lease on life!

View attachment 3363434
I have a good friend that had a "surprise" 3rd child...his name is Finn, as in "Finished"!

My wife's family is Swedish background...her grandmother was a Carlson and her grandfather was a Larson.

I have a good friend that had a "surprise" 3rd child...his name is Finn, as in "Finished"!

My wife's family is Swedish background...her grandmother was a Carlson and her grandfather was a Larson.
Mother is Norwegian and Dad is Finnish...

View attachment 3363434
Nice! I've taken to restoring old tools - planers, bandsaw, hand planes, hand saws.

Got me thinking...my wife just dug these out of our basement for a recent catering job where we did a clam bake style appetizer on tables...

The Griswold is the middle one....the others are unmarked but a similar vintage from my grandmother.

Got me thinking...my wife just dug these out of our basement for a recent catering job where we did a clam bake style appetizer on tables...

The Griswold is the middle one....the others are unmarked but a similar vintage from my grandmother.
very nice ... LOVE the Griswold! I have a couple of those myself... the others might be Wagners but I would have to see them to make a better guess. They do look as if they could use a bit of TLC but not overly bad at all.
That Griswold is from circa 1939-1957 in case you were wondering

We are at t-minus 6 days and counting....
Looking at the weather report it doesn't look like very nice with rain called for thurs and fri.... but at least it
shouldn't be super hot!!

1688732020237.png

So I will get the cargo box on the roof this weekend and load up the Gazelle and the "new to me" 10x10 canopy tent along with the chairs and other small things this weekend.

Maintenance is already done and the GX is ready to go in that respect.

The camping box and kitchen box are always ready to go and will just need to get the "pantry" and cooler ready to go.

How is everyone else set for the event?

Any last minute installs or repairs needed?

Contemplating installing my Longfield front ChroMo 30 spline axles and birfs tomorrow that just came in on Wednesday....I have just a tiny bit of play in my front drive hub flanges, but not that bad for 170k miles. I may just take them along for field spares just in case as I really don't plan on beating mine up too much, but I always want to take care of what I think is the weak link. I also have some OEM u-joints coming in that I may bring along...again, I probably worry too much!

My hopeful install if it comes is the BellFab interior spare tire carrier...we'll see, a shipping label was made on the 4th, but still not updated for an ETA to me from UPS. Not the end of the world, I'll just keep the spare on the rear bumper if needed.

I'm heading to the beach on Sunday morning, so tomorrow is my last day of truck prep, coming home on Wednesday mid-day to pack the cooler and grab my pre-loaded tool & spares kits and driving up on Thursday morning to get as much trail time as possible! I'll be living in the hotel room, so no camping or cooking packing for me, just some lunch goodies for the days.

Oh yeah, I need to program my radio too for the proper channels, going to figure that out tonight as well.

I got new tires installed yesterday. Installer said my existing Nitto Ridge Grapplers had nice even wear and still had decent tread left on them. Told him I've got some upcoming four wheeling trips. lol. As others can vouch, I needed new tires. But man there is nothing sexy about spending $$$$ on tires....

Will get some things packed this weekend. Have to travel Sunday to St. Pete, FL for work, back on Wed. I'm sure that I will enjoy the coolness of PA camping even with some rain compared to FL weather this time of year.

For those tent camping at Twin Grove, sounds like we will have some trees for cover. Not sure if I'll bring the awning. Starlink internet/comms is worthless in trees and solar panels. Hey, we have shore power hookups!

Just spoke with Twin Grove. They have Wi-Fi. Asked about cell service and she said it depends on carrier. I have AT&T and she said same for her and it works. I know, first world problems.

Looking forward to hanging out at camp and on the trails!

There's lots of shade at the tent sites so no need for a canopy unless it rains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom