Coal Mine Registration Is Open (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a few photos. I arrived with the wife and kids on Friday afternoon and rode passenger with the Bascoms on Saturday. Good day, blistering hot.

1689687613109.png

1689687632635.png

1689687658437.png

1689687669811.png

1689687701110.png

Last edited:
And the $613.00 50-50 raffle win was a bonus too!

It was very hot, especially tent camping. My new best friend was an electric fan.
Finn left a deposit of aluminum on this rock as a departing gift.
Dave forgot to roll up his windows through a long mud pit.
My truck got bitch smacked on a door panel by a fallen limb.
Woke up to a small lake of water in my tent on the day of departure.

Overall, it was a fun time on the trails and at camp throwing back some cold ones with good people.

IMG_3160.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

IMG_3144.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

Someone must have told AOAA that I wasn't coming this year so it just lashed out at another white truck with no prior damage...once again.
So its all your fault that i found out how much the bumper will flex!!

Nice pics. I was tail gunner in my group, so no pics. At least I programmed the baofeng right! That really strained my brain.

Although I fixed the front elocker, I experienced fuel problems at AOAA where the 40 was hard to start, idled rough, and shut down when it felt like it. I believe it was gunk in the tank clogging the pickup tube. I heard Chris had a similar problem recently with his tank. I'll be pulling mine to see if the POR tank sealant is peeling, or just gunk. Bart is looking into someone who may have a decent tank for sale. I also ran into more problems on the way home... the clutch decided to fail, and each shift needed multiple pumps to barely get me into gear. Sheesh. Ordering new clutch master and slave... Carb is going to Jim C for a rebuild.

Hope there's no problems next year. That would be nice.

@Blue77FJ40 i used a different industrial tank sealer and mine is bubbling and pealing. So I will be replacing it with a CCOT aftermarket tank. But not before I figure out where to cut a hole and mount the electrical fuel pump in the old one.

I may also have a line on a newer tank for you. It may be the same person as Barts.

Last edited:
@Blue77FJ40 i used a different industrial tank sealer and mine is bubbling and pealing. So I will be replacing it with a SOR aftermarket tank. But not before I figure out where to cut a hole and mount the electrical fuel pump in the old one.

I may also have a line on a newer tank for you. It may be the same person as Barts.
I remember a post or two about how someone mounted an electrical fuel pump in the stock tank, but not where I read it on mud. If you query on sniper installs, you might come across it or others. Good luck.

Thanks for all the pics. Really liking that green LX450.

Check with CCOT for the fuel tank. I have used several of them over the years, they are great and look stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom