Coal Mine Registration Is Open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The no drinking in the camp site is enough for me not to go....

70553728902__76CA237B-3D33-48C7-AC28-DA7D0FC1CDED.jpeg

I’m curious to see how the camping ends up. No group camping and the limitations on tenting per site doesn’t seem sustainable for large events. Maybe someday someone will open a campground with a group camping area in a more centralized location to Rausch and AOAA, it seems there are many events that could take advantage of this. Maybe AOAA has this in their plans with the new shower house up near the Mammoth trail.

The dates are fast approaching... how is everyone looking ? when are folks planning on arriving ? I planned on heading up on Thursday but might have to push till friday not 100% sure yet...

I’m heading up Thursday morning in time to get on the trail for the day, leaving Sunday morning. I’m staying at a hotel at the intersection of 81 and 443, about 3-4 miles from the main campground. My son was going to join me for the weekend, but now probably only Thursday due to work issues.

We are #1 on the attendee list. Have a cabin reserved for Wednesday through Sunday.

I will be sorry and have to disappoint everyone.... no fancy cooking this time but itll be good old basic camp food.

Thinking itll be some burnt end sausages with rice one night burgers another maybe or some camp tacos....

I’m curious to see how the camping ends up. No group camping and the limitations on tenting per site doesn’t seem sustainable for large events. Maybe someday someone will open a campground with a group camping area in a more centralized location to Rausch and AOAA, it seems there are many events that could take advantage of this. Maybe AOAA has this in their plans with the new shower house up near the Mammoth trail.
Invest CLCC funds, build de minimus, profit! ?

I’m heading up Thursday morning in time to get on the trail for the day, leaving Sunday morning. I’m staying at a hotel at the intersection of 81 and 443, about 3-4 miles from the main campground. My son was going to join me for the weekend, but now probably only Thursday due to work issues.
Here's what I've compiled of the lucky campground crowd: edited to update with new reservations.
T17 Crusha
T18 PRHarper
T21 DavidP14
T23 Svensk
Cabin T06P Von Hayek
T07 76FJ40
T12 DirtNap

I couldn't get a spot at the campground, so I am also at a hotel in that same area - Hampton Inn Pine Grove. I will try to swing by the campground though to meet up with you guys. IIRC there is a keycard access to the campground, so I guess I can just park at the office and walk on in. edit: CMCC entrance for the win.

Last edited:
They set up a separate entrance, no key card needed.
Just follow the sign and drive through the field, but I have not been for the last couple years maybe it has changed?

Here's what I've compiled of the lucky campground crowd:
T17 Crusha
T21 DavidP14
T23 Svensk
Cabin T06P Von Hayek
TBD 76FJ40

I couldn't get a spot at the campground, so I am also at a hotel in that same area - Hampton Inn Pine Grove. I will try to swing by the campground though to meet up with you guys. IIRC there is a keycard access to the campground, so I guess I can just park at the office and walk on in.
I reserved T18 tent site. Plan to be up there late Thur afternoon if all goes well.

I will be at Camp a While right up near Rt. 125 in Hegins. Arriving Wed afternoon. Quite a few more tent sites there.

Dan, will you be camping with Crazy Judy? I know you've missed her.

No, I left a text for her that you were champing at the bit to woo her and which cabin you rented.

Matt and I are in T07. Bart and Brother Burl are in cabins near me, but the party is at Alexy's.

So, I see you still have Judy's number you sly dog.

Matt and I are in T07. Bart and Brother Burl are in cabins near me, but the party is at Alexy's.

So, I see you still have Judy's number you sly dog.
Good one, Bob.

I will be at Camp a While right up near Rt. 125 in Hegins. Arriving Wed afternoon. Quite a few more tent sites there.
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that. The Hampton Inn is not cheap.
EDIT: I lucked out. A tent site opened up and I booked it. T12.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom