Cleaning your sunroof drains FAQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've done the sunroof drains (replaced the plastic drains with heater hose and clamped them on) and cleaned pinch welds. After rain I still get wet seatbelts and moist carpet but only when the nose is uphill. Meaning I think it is either the windshield and possibly door weatherstripping or aftermarket speakers letting water in somehow.

I have some sloshing water sounds coming from behind the driver's seat after a few days of heavy rain while the 80 was parked in my driveway... blocked sunroof? I don't feel any moisture inside of the vehicle's headliner or carpeting itself.

I have some sloshing water sounds coming from behind the driver's seat after a few days of heavy rain while the 80 was parked in my driveway... blocked sunroof? I don't feel any moisture inside of the vehicle's headliner or carpeting itself.
Could be water trapped in the rocker panel from the sunroof drains. There are little drain slots on the bottom edge of the rocker panel that allow them to drain. They get clogged easily with debris. Poke a zip tie end through them to clear them out and let the water and gunk drain.

If it isn't the rocker panel holding water, check the rear quarter panels. Mine was leaking from the rear sliding windows during a downpour and accumulating some water beneath the jack and tool storage area.

Could be water trapped in the rocker panel from the sunroof drains. There are little drain slots on the bottom edge of the rocker panel that allow them to drain. They get clogged easily with debris. Poke a zip tie end through them to clear them out and let the water and gunk drain.

If it isn't the rocker panel holding water, check the rear quarter panels. Mine was leaking from the rear sliding windows during a downpour and accumulating some water beneath the jack and tool storage area.

Awesome, thank you. I know someone who had leakage with both rear sliding windows that lead to some major body rust issues, so I'll want to make sure to address that if that's the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom