CLCC Tech Day thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d really like to keep it less than 2” but the SOR grocery getter lift is a rip-off and man-a-fre doesn’t seem to have their low-lift OME kit anymore (If they’re even still in business). Will probably go light/medium or medium/medium OME.

I’d really like to keep it less than 2” but the SOR grocery getter lift is a rip-off and man-a-fre doesn’t seem to have their low-lift OME kit anymore (If they’re even still in business). Will probably go light/medium or medium/medium OME.

Have you looked at Dobinsons? I think they have a 2 inch. I've got Ironman springs and Fox shocks, 2" as well.

Oh, how cute! You’ll learn what I mean. :D

I'll grab more... they're on sale at Auto Zone.

I grabbed 4 tubes of grease, a bearing packer, 4 rolls of shop towels, I should have gloves, I'll grab 80W-90 for the diff tomorrow. I also plan on bringing some drink, does anyone have preferences?
Pappy isn't going to be an option.

Get at least 4 cans of brake cleaner too.

Did you do your research on grease types? Moly for the knuckles, lithium bearing grease for the wheel bearings and hub? I usually get 2 moly, 1 bearing grease per side. Also, order a 54mm hub socket, they can be had for less than $20. You might as well get enough gear oil to change out the transfer case and rear diff too. Double your shop rolls (as @JohnVee alluded to). Nitrile gloves aquired? You got 2 hands? If so you can return the bearing packer. Read through the entire axle service thread in the 80 section faq so you get an idea of what's about to happen.

No rush on the 54mm, I have 2.
Yes, moly for the knuckles and birds and bearing grease for the bearings. You can even pregrease the bearings to save time. I use sta-lube red or Lucas red and tacky for bearings.

I'm down, but are our years compatible? I've got a 94, I know the exhaust routing is different for 91-92, 93-94, & 95-97.
Mine's a 96, so looks like no, but I thought the main problem would be from a 3fe to the 1fz ... I'm wrong a lot though. I'll try to bring a bit of stainless with me to patch holes and what not.

@Stumpalama what's your welder situation?

Mine's a 96, so looks like no, but I thought the main problem would be from a 3fe to the 1fz ... I'm wrong a lot though. I'll try to bring a bit of stainless with me to patch holes and what not.

@Stumpalama what's your welder situation?

I don't have the gas to weld stainless.

Does anyone have a 54mm socket that can be borrowed for tech day?
Also, other than the rebuild kit, basic tools, diff oil, and the grease for the knuckle, can anyone think of anything I should bring for a knuckle rebuild?
Thanks!

I ordered a set of these when I rebuilt mine. You use one as a squeegee for the old moly inside and outside the knuckle and birf, then use another to squeegee your squeegee. It worked well and cut down on paper towels and brake spray.

spatula.png

Alright, more stuff has been acquired.
I have:
4 tubes moly fortified grease
2 tubes red & tacky
4 cans brake cleaner
8 rolls shop towels
Marlin Crawler rebuild kit with new bearings.
Box of nitrile gloves
1 gallon of 80W90 gear oil. (I can do t-case & rear axle later)

Beer is next on the list, but nobody has made any requests.

Alright, more stuff has been acquired.
I have:
4 tubes moly fortified grease
2 tubes red & tacky
4 cans brake cleaner
8 rolls shop towels
Marlin Crawler rebuild kit with new bearings.
Box of nitrile gloves
1 gallon of 80W90 gear oil. (I can do t-case & rear axle later)

Beer is next on the list, but nobody has made any requests.

Fall beer ideas... brown ales... amber ales... flemish ales... porters... autumn mix packs... ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom