Builds "Chunk+12ht" version 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking great Pat! Like the black accents. Who did you order the gasket kits from?
Partsouq. Pricing is pretty solid. Fast delivery even though everything comes out of Dubai. Once I figured out how to navigate the site the parts diagrams are awesome. Have been using those to figure out where everything goes.
The 12h-t gasket kit is $214 which seems pretty darn good to me.

Partsouq. Pricing is pretty solid. Fast delivery even though everything comes out of Dubai. Once I figured out how to navigate the site the parts diagrams are awesome. Have been using those to figure out where everything goes.
The 12h-t gasket kit is $214 which seems pretty darn good to me.

Who doesn't love the exchange rate sometimes...some parts are far cheaper than here.

Who doesn't love the exchange rate sometimes...some parts are far cheaper than here.

Yeah man. Parts from down under are a good buy now too.

My 40 is going to work tomorrow because I hope to score some time doing camping prep on it for the weekend. Priority items inside: 60 door handles, power steering lines and res for Chunk, 80 series roof rack sides, small parts to work on for Chunk, synthetic line for the 8274 on the 40 (probably getting the same for Chunk)and a nice slab of 5/8 plate to build a griddle top out of for my 3 burner outdoor cooker.
Light day ahead.
20190626_193627.jpg
20190626_193604.jpg

Almost forgot. Roof top tent to bolt on proper, open, and clean, trailer to get to the shop to start freshening for SAS3. I might not hit all goals tomorrow.
20190626_200509.jpg

More items from Partsouq. Headlight trim, clips, screws, heater valve, clutch hose, and window runs.
20190701_163934.jpg
20190701_164054.jpg

Which truck are you taking to SAS3?

I've had a number of good results with Partsouq. Super fast shipping and fulfillment. However, from time to time they screw up and take zero accountability. I'll still order parts from them but I lost some confidence.

Which truck are you taking to SAS3?

I've had a number of good results with Partsouq. Super fast shipping and fulfillment. However, from time to time they screw up and take zero accountability. I'll still order parts from them but I lost some confidence.
That's good to know about partsouq. I will be keeping that in mind, especially on the pricey stuff. A few clips I can handle.

Believe it or not, the plan is to take Chunk. Every day that goes by that I don't work on another truck to take means I might be calling for an Uber ride!

Big big 4 days ahead. Thursday, Friday (shop closed), Saturday, Sunday.

Gotta make this happen. One day almost down, a few more hours. Progress but slow.
Tomorrow will be a better day I'm thinkin.

Funny story, I pulled my awesome parts truck/snow plow 60 right up by Chunk because I'm sick of walking out to it for a reference 100 times a day.

It hasn't run in at least a month so I threw a battery in it and of course it would click and I'd wiggle the battery cables, click again. Pretty soon I was just reaching through the door and hitting the key. Fired and ran instantly and of course I forgot it was in gear, just about knocked me over. I chased it down and stopped it before it ran into my tractor! If I can't be entertained by others at least I can laugh at the dumb stuff I can do!
I love this truck!

20190704_202608.jpg

Of course we gotta have a little fun. Buddy needs some attention too.
20190704_210329.jpg
20190704_210139.jpg
20190704_210053.jpg

Should be wrenching but took the offer for a ride to Costco and picked up two Interstate 27DC (group 27, fitment #14) for $87.99 each. The only other they had was a group 24 for $85 each. More cca and reserve capacity. My local tire shop was $145 for a group 27F Interstate so I'm pretty happy. Plus I love the dual posts on these.

Action photo in the back of the 4runner.
20190705_150514.jpg

So what do you do when it is really hot and humid? Climb inside your parts truck and remove the windshield, nice and cozy in there wrestling that stuck in sob.
Got it, original glass with no chips or cracks. Going into Chunk. It has a little white ghosting on the bottom from moisture but good enough.
20190705_210919.jpg
20190705_210931.jpg

impressive that you got it out in one, uncracked piece :)
Yeah it went ok. I did have a revelation though. There is no way I can keep picking at these small things and make SAS3 so I am employing a glass shop for the install of the windshield and maybe the quarter and rear glass. I also might be ordering a new gasket from City Racer (@Racer65 ) without the chrome just to make it easier. I had it in my head to get a windshield in it for a test drive but I'm forgetting the headliner install too, duh!. That follows sound deadener so it will be a wind-in-the-face test drive!

Which parts truck? Looks like ya have a couple🤣

Yeah it went ok. I did have a revelation though. There is no way I can keep picking at these small things and make SAS3 so I am employing a glass shop for the install of the windshield and maybe the quarter and rear glass. I also might be ordering a new gasket from City Racer (@Racer65 ) without the chrome just to make it easier. I had it in my head to get a windshield in it for a test drive but I'm forgetting the headliner install too, duh!. That follows sound deadener so it will be a wind-in-the-face test drive!

Make sure you get a guy willing to follow the FSM to the letter on the install...
IIRC, there are some steps including extra silicone/sealing compound that a lot
of installers skip that leads to leaks. (top corners, I think)

pertaining to the windshield install, at least.

Make sure you get a guy willing to follow the FSM to the letter on the install...
IIRC, there are some steps including extra silicone/sealing compound that a lot
of installers skip that leads to leaks. (top corners, I think)

pertaining to the windshield install, at least.
I'm not too savvy on the 60 glass but I knew that about the 80 glass. That kinda figures, thanks. I'll print the FSM pages for the installers. There is a glass outfit in my town that is really good on commercial but not sure if they dabble in classic Land Cruisers but I'm going to find out.

I had to bail out of SAS3 due to work. I was hoping to redeem myself for breaking down last year and not getting there. Now my goal is to get the 40 back as a driver before the one year anniversary of it getting shunned to the backyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom