Cheap snorkel from Malaysia not too bad! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Goes to show... competition kills! How long has Safari offered the snorkel for 60 series with near exclusivity? AT NEARLY 400 FREAKIN DOLLARS!!! It would be curious to see the numbers for ARB in this regard. Now if the Malaysians would just offer a bumper knock-off. That would be the TITS! $360 to your door - I'M IN!!!

lol lets not go overboard. i have a feeling ARB does just fine selling snorks.

There is a thread around here that shows the hook up of a snorkle to a 2F engine, using a non-usa airbox...
and another where the stock set up has been modded.... I'll post it if I find it....

There is a thread around here that shows the hook up of a snorkle to a 2F engine, using a non-usa airbox...
and another where the stock set up has been modded.... I'll post it if I find it....

Stock set up mod = lots of duct tape and silicone sealant?

WormHole Discovered

How is this possible?

Ordered Sunday, Received Wed. From Malaysia via Taiwan.
Mr NG must have a wormhole
[/IMG]

My real question?
Planning the routing and trying to figure out the flex hose path. I think I read that the round hole is used, but my battery and cables would make it tuff.
Thinking of adding a 3 1/2 hole on this blank area of pic 2.

What have you guys done?
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks

Yes, I am pretty sure the have a teleporter in Malaysia to ship that fast. I am contemplating doing the same. I mean, if you cut a 3.5" hole on the outside... Why not a straight shot to the interior.

Whats wrong with this picture?

IMG_2302.JPG

Answer: I eventually will need to close the hood.

I cut the hole above and it made hookup pretty easy, but realized that the hood hinge would chop the flex tube.

It was easy to move to the front hole. And having the extra hole made it easy to get the flex onto the snorkle inside the fender.

IMG_2304.JPG

Notes:
Use a 3 1/2inch hole saw you will want the wiggle room.
Like other said, only used 2 of the 3 fender nuts.
Put some primer on the raw metal after cutting.

There are no instructions. I lined the template up in the obvious way. It lined up with the rear of the fender and the gap at the hood.

There is a curve built in to the bottom of the snorkle to match the line on the fender. See pic.

IMG_2299.JPG

Kalifornia boys, be aware that altering your air cleaner in any way will make you fail the smog inspection visual. You'll need a spare Air cleaner to hook back up as stock for those inspections...

Kalifornia boys, be aware that altering your air cleaner in any way will make you fail the smog inspection visual. You'll need a spare Air cleaner to hook back up as stock for those inspections...

Wow. I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was that bad. So even a mod that improves MPG is outlawed? I live Cali but I don't think I could live there after being free to modify anything in Georgia.

I live in CA...yes, I do cry when I read all the freakin awesome mods just about every one of you who doesn't live here create...sad really sad...and yes, doing just about anything to my engine/intake/exhaust screws me for the smog check and puts me at risk of having my baby sent to the junk yard as "unable to register due to emissions"... My next mod, a pine fresh air freshener.

CARB

I live in CA...yes, I do cry when I read all the freakin awesome mods just about every one of you who doesn't live here create...sad really sad...and yes, doing just about anything to my engine/intake/exhaust screws me for the smog check and puts me at risk of having my baby sent to the junk yard as "unable to register due to emissions"... My next mod, a pine fresh air freshener.

No, at that point you let it escape to a neighboring state that has less draconian smog laws.

Similar to what happened with the CA during one of the last round of gun laws - people in Nevada, and AZ made out like bandits with belt-feds that had to be sold, that the owners couldn't bear to see destroyed.

Glenn in Tucson

Forgot to actually post a final PIC.
I would say it is worth the money. Pretty straight forward install.
Switching the air box around was harder than the snorkle install.
And impossibly fast shipping.

I bought a snorkel from a local CL post...it was even cheaper than from Malaysia. Looks "ok." Will post a pic once I get it installed. But, no template was included (though the post said it would come with one). Anybody willing/able to send me a template please? PDF or snailmail or if local to Seattle area I'll come by?

I bought a snorkel from a local CL post...it was even cheaper than from Malaysia. Looks "ok." Will post a pic once I get it installed. But, no template was included (though the post said it would come with one). Anybody willing/able to send me a template please? PDF or snailmail or if local to Seattle area I'll come by?

I may still have mine in the trash can. I'll check when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom