Cheap snorkel from Malaysia not too bad! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for the instructions :cheers:

Rain drains like this, snow and ice can build up so watch that or rotate in snow.
file.php

Maybe I will make a liquid release tube like quad air filter box but original airbox seems to have a drain (?)

I have ordered here: MAK Air Ram Intake Snorkel Kit For Toyota 60 61 62 Series Landcruiser 1980-1989

Realized the ad says Right hand drive! :slap: but the picture is what I need :meh:
Waiting to read what seller responds.

The dust bowl looks nice, might put a filter before like below, bought the snorkel mostly for cooler air intake.
Must do more water crossings now, with pictures :steer:

Snorkel Filter | eBay

file.php

Last edited:
I have the exact same setup as rcmccars, spectre round aluminum airbox 4" down to 3" then out to snorkel. Vortec v8 never seems to be starving for air at highway speeds. It is not fiberglass just very thick molded plastic. Have had it in wyoming sun and winter 3 years now no fading of color at all.

Brian

Any long term feed back on uv degradation / durability?
Mine still looks as new as the day I bought it. My rig sits in the Texas sun all day.

The bolts and nuts rust like crazy so I would replace them with stainless (but now to lazy to remove them)
I have driven (diesel Hj60) trough insane amounts of rain lately (two times 400 km continuously) and it keeps driving without any hick-up.

This is a picture from last weekend where you can see after a few minutes slight rain how the water is seeping out like it should:
(luckily I have a hand throttle :grinpimp: :moon: o_O:steer::slap::flipoff2:)
file.php

I have attached a water drain in the filter housing (like dirt-bikes/quads have) but did not check when arriving at home.
The air filter box can have a lot of water before it touches the filter.
Any water at the filter is sucked in and burned so no problem when engine is running (diesel)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom