How to revert from a bad SOA lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

roaddog77

Not all those who wander are lost
Threads
Website
lilythelandcruiser.com
So I’ve had this 1986 FJ60 for eight years. The previous owner did an SOA lift. No cut and turn on the knuckles so she’s all over the road. I want to drop it back down and have a bit of lift yet turn it back into a good driver.

The original spring perches are still there so I figure I’ll drop the axles, cut the soa perches off and drop it back down. I’ve got about a $5k budget and doing all the work myself.

What’s my best option? Just drop her back down on some OME springs or can I do an 80 series spring conversion up front within that budget?

536D7CA4-95C8-4D69-8B10-0FE6A8894243.jpeg

I'm in the process of gathering parts revert mine back to spring under too. I ended up finding a pretty well built up front axle with springs, steering etc to swap in.

The 80 front end swap would be ideal and could probably be done under 5k as long as you didn't have to shell out a ton for the axle and/ or regear it to match the rear. I feel like I've seen non e locked 80 axle sets on eBay for like 2k from time to time. Or maybe Gundies up in Bellingham can get you one.

@TRAIL TAILOR sells conversion kits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom