Center differential lock indicator light blinking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.n0zb.com
2015 200-Series Land Cruiser

About 90,000 miles. Not my daily driver. I drive the vehicle one to two times a week for short distance/duration. I drive the vehicle in L4 for short distances twice a month. I have not regularly used the center differential lock.

Had the four-wheel drive serviced at the dealership last summer (no issues noted at the time). Vehicle serviced at the dealership ~3 months ago, nothing reported by the technicians.

For the past two months, on and off, then becoming more frequent, when I start the vehicle, the center diff lock indicator light will be blinking. After I drive for a short distance and turn the vehicle off and then back on the light is off.

I assume this is bad news? What actions should I be taking?

Thank you for your assistance!

About 90,000 miles. Not my daily driver. I drive the vehicle one to two times a week for short distance/duration. I drive the vehicle in L4 for short distances twice a month. I have not regularly used the center differential lock.

Had the four-wheel drive serviced at the dealership last summer (no issues noted at the time). Vehicle serviced at the dealership ~3 months ago, nothing reported by the technicians.

For the past two months, on and off, then becoming more frequent, when I start the vehicle, the center diff lock indicator light will be blinking. After I drive for a short distance and turn the vehicle off and then back on the light is off.

Quite common, and thoroughly discussed on this board. You can try exercising the CDL frequently to knock out the cobwebs.. but yes usually once it's warm the error goes away.

The indicator light is more than likely just telling you the LC needs some off-road exercise and the differential needs some activation. Find a dirt road and run it in 4Lo for awhile. Take it through a few crawl modes. This should keep your indicator light off for a few months or more.

I also had this just before a battery failed completely. Perhaps the servo not getting the right voltage right after a start.

New X2 AGM and I’ve not had issue since. Could have been coincidence with having the battery pulled for 10 mins, clearing some computer stuff, but I doubt it.

Your battery is dying. I have two (2013 and 2014). Both have done this just before the battery crapped out. Both resolved as soon as I changed the battery.

Mine has done this many times and usually involves an overnight temperature change. I'm not sure about just exercising the widgets for it to go away - that hasn't been the case with mine as it sometimes happens on offroad trips when I'm using all the gizmos. And this has been going for at least two years - no battery issues. Check those links and there is a fix. I just haven't gotten to it yet. For now, I drive it around for five minutes, turn off and back on the vehicle and everything is good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom