2015 LX570 Rear differential leak. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s entirely possible that 6-7k at the Lexus dealer was just replacing the accumulator/globes. Even though there are much cheaper ways to order them, I think the US market MSRP for the globes is nearly $1k each. Also might have been a service affected by the bad batch of fluid, and they may have replaced the pump as well.
They didn't specify what was done. I was just told that they had spent that money mentioned and replaced the AHC system.
Without going into alot of detail, I will say I am not happy with this whole situation after I emailed the sales & service manager, and the service manager called me back. I was informed after talking with the service manager at the stealership I bought the car from, that they never replaced the AHC system. The PO brought the LX to them to have the suspension replaced. The PO was told they don't work on AHC systems b/c they do not have the equipment or tools. So they were referred to the local Lexus dealership. Nothing is in the service records as to what was replaced as well.

But whatever, I ordered the part, and I will do the repair, and bleed the system in my garage this weekend on my 5 day off stretch.

On a rig with corrosion it should be pretty obvious what had been replaced recently.
The only area on that line that is corroded is that area right by the heat wrap. I'll take a picture of the line when I get it removed later this week.

They didn't specify what was done. I was just told that they had spent that money mentioned and replaced the AHC system.
Without going into alot of detail, I will say I am not happy with this whole situation after I emailed the sales & service manager, and the service manager called me back. I was informed after talking with the service manager at the stealership I bought the car from, that they never replaced the AHC system. The PO brought the LX to them to have the suspension replaced. The PO was told they don't work on AHC systems b/c they do not have the equipment or tools. So they were referred to the local Lexus dealership. Nothing is in the service records as to what was replaced as well.

That does suck, sorry to hear it.

But whatever, I ordered the part, and I will do the repair, and bleed the system in my garage this weekend on my 5 day off stretch.
I had this exact problem, corrosion in the exact same place. I replaced the line myself and the system has continued to work flawlessly for the last 4 years. Just a heads up, there was one specific bolt behind the frame that holds the line that was very hard to remove/replace. I was able to eventually get it with a very short gear wrench.

That does suck, sorry to hear it.
Thank's, it is what it is. Things can always be alot worse in life. I'll get this job completed and report back.
I had this exact problem, corrosion in the exact same place. I replaced the line myself and the system has continued to work flawlessly for the last 4 years. Just a heads up, there was one specific bolt behind the frame that holds the line that was very hard to remove/replace. I was able to eventually get it with a very short gear wrench.
You are the 2nd person to let me know you did this job in your driveway. That's good to hear, b/c it means there is a light at the end of the tunnel lol. Any pointers you can pass this way would be much appreciated. Do you by chance remember what side that bolt you made reference to is on?

Thank's, it is what it is. Things can always be alot worse in life. I'll get this job completed and report back.

You are the 2nd person to let me know you did this job in your driveway. That's good to hear, b/c it means there is a light at the end of the tunnel lol. Any pointers you can pass this way would be much appreciated. Do you by chance remember what side that bolt you made reference to is on?

If memory serves, the tough bolt was towards the passenger side/pump side. I think it was right where this line attaches to the next line. Either a frame rail or a crossmember (can't remember) was right in the way. It was tricky getting to it, and for a while I considered cutting the line and splicing a new piece in, but I am glad I didn't. I'd suggest taking a look before you start and make sure have a wrench that can get to it. Or maybe you can devise a plan for better access. I had to make a trip to the local tool store and buy a short gear wrench with a flexible head, and even then I was turning the bolt 1 or 2 clicks at a time. Hope this helps.

UPDATE:

I spent 4hrs in the garage last night, wrestling with this line that needs replaced, and it will not budge! The connectors on both ends of the line that needs replaced, are so seized on. But it's not just line.

After removing the plates from the Slee rock sliders, and actually being able inspect the accumulators, and bleeding valves, and being able to climb under the rear to work on the busted line, it's blanantly obvious that $6k-$7,500 was not spent replacing anything on this suspension system. Everything suspension wise is rusted! The rear passenger side shock, has a hole in the top of the shock...smh

I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to have to convert my LX570 to traditional suspension. This isn't how I wanted things to play out, but it is what it is.

Plus, the local Lexus dealership quoted me 8.5hrs of labor for replacing the line, and 4hrs to fill and bleed the system. I was told to be prepared to spend at a minimum around $2k to replace the line, and around another $400 for them to bleed the system. They also told me, that if my bleeder valves and accumulators look bad, or are rusty, then they will pass on the work. Here's a few pics of my accumulators, I'll post more once I get back under the rear.

20240216_104203.jpg

20240216_104216.jpg

20240216_104236.jpg

20240216_104240.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom