2008 Center Diff blinks only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heyo,

Been researching here and other places. Just bought an 08 Lx570 with 173k miles. Center Diff will not engage. I've tried to engage it several times through any number of recommended scenarios and haven't been able to get it on.

My question is, if I can't get it on, what kind f repair bill am I looking at and what's the most likely culprit? from what I've read it could likely be an old un used actuator.

Anyone treaded down this path before?
tia!

I just bought a 2015 with sticky actuators too. I got stuck in 4lo but was able to get back by just shutting off the car and restarting it. I haven't dug into it yet but here is a thread on the topic:

When I was debating my new purchase a worst estimate to have a dealer replace the actuators was $2600. The cleaning process described in the link maybe all you need to do. Its a long thread but several folks here have done this and say it isn't too hard.

Heyo,

Been researching here and other places. Just bought an 08 Lx570 with 173k miles. Center Diff will not engage. I've tried to engage it several times through any number of recommended scenarios and haven't been able to get it on.

My question is, if I can't get it on, what kind f repair bill am I looking at and what's the most likely culprit? from what I've read it could likely be an old un used actuator.

Anyone treaded down this path before?
tia!
Had this problem on newly acquired 2008 with 179K miles. I removed the heat shield around the actuator, let the truck idle for about 20 minutes. After that kept trying the CDL and it finally engaged. Seems to be operating smooth now. Good luck - hope you get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom