Spilled milk (center seat middle row) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a son’s friend leave a Starbucks pink drink on its side in the center middle seat. It sat there in a puddle for over a day and seems to seep into the cushion under the leather.

I can’t take the smell anymore. I had it detailed but the smell came back after a day.

Is there anyway to take the leather apart to get to the cushion?

I may remove the whole 2nd row and pressure wash the seats and let them dry but I may be taking a chance of them smelling even worse after.

Any advise?

If all fails it’s getting traded in. Yuck

Had a son’s friend leave a Starbucks pink drink on its side in the center middle seat. It sat there in a puddle for over a day and seems to seep into the cushion under the leather.

I can’t take the smell anymore. I had it detailed but the smell came back after a day.

I may remove the whole 2nd row and pressure wash the seats and let them dry but I may be taking a chance of them smelling even worse after.

Any advise?

An upholstery shop absolutely could remove the leather and you could soak and wash the cushion. You could do this yourself if you have strong fingers and are a DIYer. Mostly, you'd just have to replace the hog rings that hold the upholstery rods in place. When I redid the leather on my GX, I gave up on the hog rings and just used zip ties which was way easier with my soft girly hands and that worked out just fine.

Well, there's no sense crying about it :D But seriously, that would bug me.

I would think an upholstery shop could remove the leather and clean/replace the foam as mentioned.

Last edited:

Any advise?

Might be worth taking the covers and cushions off while in the vehicle. The 60 side of the 60/40 seat is beastly heavy and awkward to remove. The 40 side is relatively easy.

Might be worth taking the covers and cushions off while in the vehicle. The 60 side of the 60/40 seat is beastly heavy and awkward to remove. The 40 side is relatively easy.
I wondering about that. What a cluster fffffffff….

Trade in for spilled milk is a bit excesive ... DIY as mentioned above, you can get hog rings and the necessary pliers from amazon.com, etc. When removing them just cut them, don't bother. I've done this before in other Toyota's and Subaru. It is not rocket science.

Trade in for spilled milk is a bit excesive ... DIY as mentioned above, you can get hog rings and the necessary pliers from amazon.com, etc. When removing them just cut them, don't bother. I've done this before in other Toyota's and Subaru. It is not rocket science.
Agreed. I changed the lower seat cushion on my 80 series and got all the rings and a pair of pliers for like $10 on Amazon.

I remove the second row from my 200 several times a year.. yes the 60 side is heavy but it is manageable (especially with some adult help) and getting it apart will be more complicated than my 80.. but not worth giving up on the vehicle.

I’d consider just throwing a new seat cushion at it vs taking the chance that the upholstery shop gets most of it but not all..

My guess is that it's in the carpet below the seat.

I bought a 100 series in Colorado whose previous owner indulged liberally in what is a legal substance in his state, and must have done so with the AC on and the windows up. When I picked up the (otherwise mint condition) truck, I couldn't figure out if the guy ran a skunk breeding operation, or if he had been on the cast of Narcos. Bottom line, the interior smelled very heavily and it was driving me nuts. I bought (for about $80) a small ozone generator on Amazon, had the truck detailed (my detailer was highly amused by my situation), and then I ran the generator inside the truck for a few hours. I repeated the treatment over the course of a few days (with the AC on full blast/recirculating and after replacing the cabin air filters) and the smell went away permanently. Since then I've used the ozone generator to treat two 4Runners (previous owners ran gas station deodorizers) and my other 100 series after long camping trips. Works like a charm every time.

I highly recommend this, especially since you have kids and their associated odors (spilled drinks, fast food, soccer cleats, etc...).

I bought a 100 series in Colorado whose previous owner indulged liberally in what is a legal substance in his state, and must have done so with the AC on and the windows up. When I picked up the (otherwise mint condition) truck, I couldn't figure out if the guy ran a skunk breeding operation, or if he had been on the cast of Narcos. Bottom line, the interior smelled very heavily and it was driving me nuts. I bought (for about $80) a small ozone generator on Amazon, had the truck detailed (my detailer was highly amused by my situation), and then I ran the generator inside the truck for a few hours. I repeated the treatment over the course of a few days (with the AC on full blast/recirculating and after replacing the cabin air filters) and the smell went away permanently. Since then I've used the ozone generator to treat two 4Runners (previous owners ran gas station deodorizers) and my other 100 series after long camping trips. Works like a charm every time.

I highly recommend this, especially since you have kids and their associated odors (spilled drinks, fast food, soccer cleats, etc...).
Dirty ass hippies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom