ccot front fenders (1 Viewer)

I got 'em after 2 attempts with members on here turned up fruitless, as the fenders were worse off than the PO's thought (holes filled with bondo, rusted in places not seen etc... Not super happy with them, but they look alright, had to do some drilling to make them fit OK, but i'd rather have found some good OEM ones...

You know you can get brand new ones from Toyota, right? Pretty cheap too. Like mid $200 range for each IIRC. I wouldn't mess with anything else, if I was dead set on a new fender.

Dan

OEM is Right side only, ask CDAN... They discontinued the DS if I am not mistaken, or I would have definitely gone that route... For most it is either CCOT or $OR for aftermarket stuff. I had some off of a '72 that wouldn't fit any better than the CCOT ones. They were better steel though...

these are from ccot you tell me how they look and fit. they were not perfect but nothing that cant be fixed
fj 63.jpg

these are from ccot you tell me how they look and fit. they were not perfect but nothing that cant be fixed

How'd you get them to fit up to the apron without the huge gap? I have heard horror stories about beating them up with a hammer but I just can't see doing that. Also most of my internals i.e. charcoal canister, etc... doesn't line up on any bolt holes, so I gotta drill my own. That type stuff...

hmmmm now im torn haha i guess the deciding factor for me is probably gonna be the price. if i can get the oems for a good deal ill get em, but if not the ccots...... sweet rig fieldsken :beer:...., where did you get the roll cage? thats pretty cool

justbecause

perpetually lost.
my cruiser came w/fenders from CCOT -uninstalled- i was very happy w/them once i got the on. (thanks PO)

Morse_FJ40

SILVER Star
CCOT fenders won't allow you to run stock running boards. I sold mine and repair my oem ones. If you look at Fieldsken1's last pic you can see that it isn't long enough to bolt to the running board.

justbecause

perpetually lost.
CCOT fenders won't allow you to run stock running boards. I sold mine and repair my oem ones. If you look at Fieldsken1's last pic you can see that it isn't long enough to bolt to the running board.

this was not my experience, and there is lots of room for adjustment in the way the fender bolt to the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom