Carolina Relic Run 26-29 April (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd be game for a group dinner or breakfast or both. I can make 8 big pancakes at a time on my camp chef griddle.

Time to get serious about food.

How many people are up for shared meals? I figure Friday and Saturday breakfasts and Thursday and Friday dinners. Or maybe just Friday dinner if we get in to camp late enough that we had to stop for dinner ahead of time.

I'm still game to make pancakes, probably Friday since the actual relic run is at O'dark thirty on Saturday and I don't want to miss it. We might have time to make breakfast sandwiches Saturday morning if anyone is interested in that. I can handle making those as well.

I'm not a cook but Lylia has trained me to clean up.

I have not picked out food yet. But I'm game for sharing. What was the thought for food choices?

GroupCamp_1.JPG

To help answer a few questions that you all have about parking and camping. We were working on a map similar to this for out event, I have to say the Jeep guys out did us on their map, this is what I was aiming for.. Nice. Anyways, as for our event.. We will have our Sat. dinner and Raffle in camp site "A" area. If you look at the large Pink Parking area, this is where we hope to fit all Tow rigs and trailers. We will start parking as close to the Dumpster/outhouse and work our way towards the Grill/camping area they have as Raffle area.

Due to USFS making the center grass area No Parking, it has limited our parking options. IF there is any way that you all can park as tightly as possible. ie. backing to the tree line, possibly parking two trailer/tow rigs deep that would be great. If you have any questions please feel free to ask us, we will have someone at the Registration booth, my husband Eric Rymer "ONSC Pres." and myself Stacy "ONSC Event Coordinator" will be there starting early Thur.

As JohnVee stated earlier the Outpost has great food, and yes it is Country Cooking..

Patrick I'll be glad to help you cook and clean up and will bring whatever food you think we might want/need.

I'll probably just buy everything needed for the breakfasts at Restaurant Depot, add up the cost and divide by how many people are eating for the cost share. I'll definitely accept help in meal prep and clean up.

Do we want to do 2 days of group breakfast or just 1? Day 1 is pancakesp and Day 2 would be home fries and omlets/breakfast sandwiches.

Give me a like on this post if you're interested on throwing down a few shekles for these meals. Should only be $5-7/meal/person for breakfast.

Patrick, count me in for whatever you are willing to cook. I’ll help clean up.

So, for dinner, I was thinking something simple for Thursday, like spaghetti; it's easy to boil a few pots of noodles and drop in some jarred sauce, and, if someone was feeling motivated, some meatballs or ground beef (precooked of course); and some dinner rolls and butter.

Then, for Friday, what about tacos? We can throw out menu items for each an people can roger-up for what they are going to contribute.

Ground beef
Taco seasoning
Taco shells hard/soft
Salsa
Sour cream
Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Onions
Bags of tortilla chips or FRITOS for Taco bags
Big Jar of restaurant style sliced Jalapeno peppers
Queso dip
Refried beans
Tums
6849019fbeffa3f54bc4c5dab34b3ffd.jpg

For volume planning purposes, I have the following list as attending from the CLCC and Keystone crowd:

Greg V
Shmukster
Strite
Mitch A
Oliff
Patrick J
Blowers
Bob
Lex
Tim
Stump
?Charlton?

So, about a dozen plus some extra for visitors.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I'll probably just buy everything needed for the breakfasts at Restaurant Depot, add up the cost and divide by how many people are eating for the cost share. I'll definitely accept help in meal prep and clean up.

Do we want to do 2 days of group breakfast or just 1? Day 1 is pancakesp and Day 2 would be home fries and omlets/breakfast sandwiches.

Give me a like on this post if you're interested on throwing down a few shekles for these meals. Should only be $5-7/meal/person for breakfast.

Can you get a stack of that checkered deli wrap paper? Like this:
upload_2018-4-18_15-38-21.jpeg

So, for dinner, I was thinking something simple for Thursday, like spaghetti; it's easy to boil a few pots of noodles and drop in some jarred sauce, and, if someone was feeling motivated, some meatballs or ground beef (precooked of course); and some dinner rolls and butter.

Then, for Friday, what about tacos? We can throw out menu items for each an people can roger-up for what they are going to contribute.

Ground beef
Taco seasoning
Taco shells hard/soft
Salsa
Sour cream
Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Onions
Bags of tortilla chips or FRITOS for Taco bags
Big Jar of restaurant style sliced Jalapeno peppers
Queso dip
Refried beans
Tums
6849019fbeffa3f54bc4c5dab34b3ffd.jpg

For volume planning purposes, I have the following list as attending from the CLCC and Keystone crowd:

Greg V
Shmukster
Strite
Mitch A
Oliff
Patrick J
Blowers
Bob
Lex
Tim
Stump
?Charlton?

So, about a dozen plus some extra for visitors.

Thoughts?
I can provide the spaghetti, sauce and meatballs. The question is, does anybody have a big aluminum (8qt) pot to boil the spaghetti? We will also need serious fire power to boil a big pot of water. I can probably find some smaller pot to simmer the sauce and the meatballs. Let me know.

I'm hoping to be a late Thursday arrival. Let me know what I can bring.

I plan to roll with Chris and can bring along whatever we need

I can provide the spaghetti, sauce and meatballs. The question is, does anybody have a big aluminum (8qt) pot to boil the spaghetti? We will also need serious fire power to boil a big pot of water. I can probably find some smaller pot to simmer the sauce and the meatballs. Let me know.

I have 2 large stock pots I can bring.

I also have a turkey fryer. I might have to throw some of this in with one of you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom