Builds Call me Deacon Blues (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

probably wouldn't hurt anything to do that. the machinist knows it will be setting for a while. I asked him again when i picked it up if i should use some fogging oil or anything cause it was going to be in storage he said to just cover it up to keep stuff out of it.

I still haven't heard anything from Ricky at Auto Machine Shop. His quote of 6 to 10 days once he has the parts is turning into 3 months or more.
Damn. It was good that I use to be right up the street. I was able to stop in once a week for a progress update.

I still haven't heard anything from Ricky at Auto Machine Shop. His quote of 6 to 10 days once he has the parts is turning into 3 months or more.
2nd coming of the "2 Weeks" Saga? :oops:

2nd coming of the "2 Weeks" Saga? :oops:
:frown: I need to have the ugly phone call with him today.
@White Sheep was quoted 4 months and it was done in 2 1/2 months.
I was quoted 6 to 10 days after parts are delivered when I dropped the engine off July 14th. The LC Engineering master rebuild kit with extra OEM seals and gaskets was dropped off Sept 3rd. I still haven't heard anything.

:frown: I need to have the ugly phone call with him today.
@White Sheep was quoted 4 months and it was done in 2 1/2 months.
I was quoted 6 to 10 days after parts are delivered when I dropped the engine off July 14th. The LC Engineering master rebuild kit with extra OEM seals and gaskets was dropped off Sept 3rd. I still haven't heard anything.
You have to be persistent with those guys, its the only way to get stuff done

You have to be persistent with those guys, its the only way to get stuff done
Ricky is loaded with excuses.

We haven't touched it yet, but we'll let you know what we find next week.
Hey Bo, gonna crack it open next week.
I promise to call you next week for the parts we need.
We had some other projects come up. Call back next week.
We'll get started on it next week.

@jamesurq isn't far off from the two weeks saga he had.

if he hadn't started on it yet, pick it up. the other shop is just a 1/2 mile away.

Ricky is loaded with excuses.

We haven't touched it yet, but we'll let you know what we find next week.
Hey Bo, gonna crack it open next week.
I promise to call you next week for the parts we need.
We had some other projects come up. Call back next week.
We'll get started on it next week.

@jamesurq isn't far off from the two weeks saga he had.
Holy s***. That's ****ed.

My new LC while in Tunisia.

DSC_0121.JPG
DSC_0125.JPG

w3fAqd.gif

Last edited:
I was just about to ask how your deployment is going. Looks awesome. See any LCs out there? Gonna be the forum’s mule and bring back some unobtanium parts for us?

I was just about to ask how your deployment is going. Looks awesome. See any LCs out there? Gonna be the forum’s mule and bring back some unobtanium parts for us?
There are 70s, 80s, 200s, and Prado out here. I see them everywhere. Ive talked to a few of the guys but havent had the time to really dig-in to see if there is a junkyard.

There are 70s, 80s, 200s, and Prado out here. I see them everywhere. Ive talked to a few of the guys but havent had the time to really dig-in to see if there is a junkyard.
Yeah, I'm gonna need you to bring back a clean, rust-free, stock 70 that would be greeeeat.

Yeah, I'm gonna need you to bring back a clean, rust-free, stock 70 that would be greeeeat.
Lol. Im not on any type of orders to bring any vehicle back. A lot of the lifted vehicle I see here have rust. They drive them on the beach. Its not bad rust, but rust is there.

For parts, I think I can only send things back FEDEX, but I need to do some more research.

Lol. Im not on any type of orders to bring any vehicle back. A lot of the lifted vehicle I see here have rust. They drive them on the beach. Its not bad rust, but rust is there.

For parts, I think I can only send things back FEDEX, but I need to do some more research.
Hahaha, I’m just messing around but it’s cool you’re even considering it.

Hey D, maybe I missed it, but how many miles were on your rig when the HG quit?
~174k. I don't think the mileage was the problem. I think since in was in Tajikistan for an unknown amount of year, all the work that was done in the engine was not to spec, cheap parts, some things done wrong, missing parts (bolts, gaskets, etc.) So now that the engine is rebuilt (here in America), I have faith that it's gonna be good for another ~300k 🤞🏽

When It rains it pours. These mutha ***as done ****ed up now. . .

Just kidding. For some crazy reason the Army decided to promote me ;)

Screenshot_2021-10-28-10-43-17.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom