Builds BurntToast's FJ62 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the power steering saga solved.
M14 to AN6 banjo adapter from Unisteer
Banjo Fitting - 14mm x 6AN - 8021550 - https://www.unisteer.com/collections/power-steering-pumps-accessories/products/14mm-banjo-fitting
Hose
Fitting
IMG_5015.jpeg

Plan on running the trans cooler lines here. Should be ok with some thermal wrap. Side not Summit AN fittings suck, Aeroquip is now my goto

Not exactly sure on exhaust routing yet since I’ve seen @cruisermatt cross over before the oil pan. The front driveshaft area doesn’t have a ton of space.

IMG_5087.jpeg

Last edited:
Also another donor oddity. Looks like the AC compressor is different. Don’t think Mosley hoses work here. Any ideas on fitting adapters?

IMG_5089.jpeg

Looks like perhaps one of these

Last edited:
Started the wiring work. Think I’m going to have to pull the dash.

99% sure the inboard harness has nothing in it I need to keep… pulled it. Less than half of the other pass harness I am keeping. All lights, trans sensors and batter fusible link lines. All 5 fusible links will be replaced by modern fuses.

IMG_5102.jpeg

Tap shift should be a nice pain. Diagram for reference

IMG_5101.jpeg

Hoping Trail Tailor can lend some wisdom on that and possible routing of the Lokar shift cable. If I floor mount the shifter, the cable need to go through the body somewhere near the parking brake line

IMG_5103.jpeg

Decided to give the gates powergrips a chance too, hopefully I didn’t do this too early

IMG_5091.jpeg

Last is I was able to get an OEM rebuild kit for my loose steering box. Going to do a rebuild plus potential tap for hydro assist

IMG_5100.jpeg

You don’t need hydro assist.
Did you find a adapter for the AC comp? I need the same for a project we have here.

Did you find a adapter for the AC comp? I need the same for a project we have here.
I’m tempted to try the one I linked above. They make one that exits left and right. I’ll let you know.

Hydro Assist is tbd.

Let me know when you get the 6L80 tcase shifter brackets in, I am in need of one

There’s a few different variations of those ac hose adapters on ebay. Some USA made. Do you know if the original hoses had sealing washers or o rings that go in a groove on the tube? Any numbers on that compressor, make/model?

There’s a few different variations of those ac hose adapters on ebay. Some USA made. Do you know if the original hoses had sealing washers or o rings that go in a groove on the tube? Any numbers on that compressor, make/model?

I do not know, I didnt get the hoses with my swap.

GM GENUINE 92265300 seems to be the compressor

Hoping Trail Tailor can lend some wisdom on that and possible routing of the Lokar shift cable. If I floor mount the shifter, the cable need to go through the body somewhere near the parking brake line

View attachment 3603264

Drill through the floor support. Add grommet and all done.

PXL_20230505_195227203.jpg

Working on my electrical in the engine bay planning. Did a continuation of a dive into fuses I did a while back for the BMW seats.

Here is my current plan for wiring. Pos and Neg Bus bars, followed by the 5 circuit Littelfuse box. Relay box and alternator on a terminal fuse block on the positive battery.

Relay box trigger wires go into the cab, except for 2 sets that the GM computer will control for the Spal fans. 3 relay circuits left for other uses.

1713149411905.png

Last edited:
Finished the trans cooler lines. Decided to drill and put grommets in on the core support. Not sure how comfortable I am with the upper hose in the upper support bar. Also put some shrink tube on the hose in locations where rubbing is possible

IMG_5121.jpeg

IMG_5123.jpeg

Also I don’t like the spade based connectors the Spal fans shipped with, so Deutsch it is

IMG_5120.jpeg

Do you have the switch box on the side of the transmission?

6L80 doesn't have that.

@BurntToast any interest in a extended NSS/reverse light pigtail to plug into the stock body connectors? happy to make that for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom