Builds BurnttoastBurgos builds "Butter Bean" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Patiently waiting, unfortunately nothing.......at all. No tracking info, but stated its enroute.
Man, I'm really hoping for some positive comms from you for your sake but also for others who are planning on going this route. You just got the coils right?

Coils, Arms, Rear Sway Bar, Panhard Rod and Bump stops coming from Aus. I realize that the shipping industry has been affected, but learning patience as we speak.

Going with Radflo this time for shocks.

Wheels/ tires, winch, audio, lighting and a crap ton of goodies are all taking up floor space. Just getting over covid, so two valuable weeks. behind.

Coils, Arms, Rear Sway Bar, Panhard Rod and Bump stops coming from Aus. I realize that the shipping industry has been affected, but learning patience as we speak.

Going with Radflo this time for shocks.

Wheels/ tires, winch, audio, lighting and a crap ton of goodies are all taking up floor space. Just getting over covid, so two valuable weeks. behind.

Right on, I’m sure it’ll all work out. Glad you’re on the mend. Looking forward to your progress.

The silliest things make me happy......My teacher, Mr Carnavale started calling me this in the 11th grade, and boy did the name stick....I'll explain over a cold beer by the campfire with ya one day

20211120_190044.jpg

still waiting, which is good......about 90% of my parts have arrived. Scheel Mann seats are ordered, ARB's F/R and midi compressor, 4:88's, RCV Chromoly's are here. Front/Rear axles get dropped out on the 22 so im not really in a hurry, just doing mindless stuff after work till then.

Always wanted a hood light that actually lit up the entire motor cab. Got these from SuperBrightLeds.com They lit up the entire cab perfectly, hood pin is en route. Screwed in 5 retainer clips, in case the 3M tape fails.

20211130_190730.jpg

20211130_190742.jpg

20211130_184305.jpg

20211130_184111.jpg

I will tell you this...If you are starting to work on wiring your vehicle..this tool is a must. I wish we had these back in the 90's, All I had was a chisel and hammer, but this is much nicer end result. This particular midel is WAAAY to big at 16 tons, but i didnt realize it until it came...As for shrink tube, make sure you but the stuff with advesive , as they sell the cheap stuff and doesnt hold up as well.

20211204_182641.jpg

Currently having 3rd members fitted with ARB's front and rear with 4:88's at a shop on the Western Slope of Colorado called Pakku Roba. Pakku Roba - Overland Outfitting and Premium Coffee - https://pakkuroba.com/ His name is Mike and does suspensions and driveline upgrades to all year 4x4 Toyotas/Lexus models...he's got that extreme German attention to detail, very fair and respectful. (Also, for you coffee snobs like myself, he has a coffee roasting company that ships out the same day of roasting, making it literally the freshest coffee available.)

Axle housings removed for welding some trusses in, then off to powdercoat.

I did go with a 4x4Labs rear bumper basic kit as I will fab the swing outs.

20220110_101856.jpg
20220110_101852.jpg
20220110_101838.jpg

figured with all new suspension components, cleaning the original welding slag, sandblast and powdercoat would be a nice treat for the truck.

20220114_120707.jpg

got some Delta parts back from my local powder coater.....wanted the console color to match the Sheel Mann brown and the copperish cup holder and switch dash is almost a dead match to the oem wood grain dash inlay

20220118_163221.jpg

20220118_163232.jpg

20220118_163311.jpg

not that thrilled with the housings getting the same color as the bumpers, but too late for that. But I know for a fact they come super clean after powerwashing.

axles 3.jpg

axles.jpg

Yes, will be fabricating my own front bumper. Went with Lukes rear set up. Axles housings, bumpers and sliders will be same color, hammer finish powder coat (BK211).

Last edited:
Got the 80 back from axles being rebuilt, Nitro 4:88, ARB lockers Front/Rear, RCV Birfields, EBC Brakes/Rotors, 3.5 Dobinsons, Methods/35" Nitto's, Whiteline rear hd sway bar, Marlin HD steering arms with 555's, Dobinsons adjustable upper/lower control arms, bled the 26yo brake fluid .....Trucks is currently on some temporary OME shocks until Radflo jumps on building shocks. Very smoothe running driveline on the shakedown run, steering on the money, zero vibration, and very quiet tires. Pretty pleased thus far. Interior wiring next

20220312_190354.jpg

20220312_190422.jpg

Last edited:
Started welding up 4x4Labs rear bumper......pretty impressed at the bends and fitment...little bit of grinding but for the "time spent to material cost" ratio, this is a pretty darn good deal. I opted out of the swing out arm from them as I have my own ideas.

20220316_180448.jpg

Took the RTT off to fit lights and run wiring. I have a 50" Rigid light bar that was shoe horned into the Prinsu rack. After reading quite a bit about reflection off of the 80 hood from a light bar that sticks out above windshield gasket, I removed the Prinsu air dam and the alum cross member, bent the sides of the rack 1/4" outwards and the 50" bar fit all too snug inside. Now it sits 3/8" above roof and far back enough to hopefully not reflect light on the hood, Right above the opening of the moon roof with enough clearance and low enough below the top portion of cross members so will not touch bottom or RTT. NOTE to PRINSU: Your Gutter clamps truly are pathetic.

20220319_164656.jpg
20220319_164709.jpg
20220319_164950.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom