Broken Seat/Missing Cap Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
about a year ago my passenger seat would go forward but not back so pulled it out and set it as far back as itd go and put it back in with the electrical disconnected. then a few months later i found the little plastic cap had fallen out on the driver side and then had the same problem witht he seat, put two and two together replaced the cap and drivers side worked great. sooo the problem is i lost the plastic cap for the passenger side. A buddy of mine came over for dinner the other night and was complaining about how his passenger side seat was broken and how fabric must be stuck in it b/c he's pulling all kinds of fuzz out, so i bet on the same issue, pulled the seat out and sure enough no cap, so i moved it back and put it in w/o electrical and showed him the cap he was missing. now with two missing caps im willing to hunt down the pieces or order them from dan. does anyone have a part number for these pesky little things? or do you have to order the larger white unit including the piece? also what is causing these to unscrew or dislodge? anyone know i did a search and someone mentioned glueing them back in, but others pointed out they were threaded and glueing wasnt touched on further.

thanks in advance guys
seat crop resize.jpg

I had mine come off a while back and the seat started making some clicking noises during movement - luckily I found it in the footwell and put it back in place - works fine now. But this thread has remined me that I should check to ensure they're still on tight. Let us know what the P/N is when you find it as mine is sure to come off again in the future.

Well, this is great - I found mine under the mat. Hope the seat works when I get it back in. I'd like to know the part number, though...

any one know the part number for this piece?

bump bump for still missing a seat cap

I'm thinking you have to buy the whole motor. I ran it by CDan a long time ago when I lost my cap. At that time, he didn't know wtf it was or have a part number for just the cap. Luckily, I found it in the shop vac, slapped it in - good to go.:)

I had this same problem and was lucky enough to find both caps. I drilled a small hole through the cap and plastic body it screws into. I then put a small thin cotter pin through the two pieces.... no more problem.

Wayne S

These caps are not avail able by themselves. You have to buy the entire seat rack which is very expensive.

Do a search on seats or power seats and you should find more details.

What about using Elmer's glue or something like that? It would be enough to keep it from backing out but not enough to prevent you from unscrewing the cap if you ever need to.

For lost caps if someone sent me one I could have it remanufactured here for very little in aluminium or something cheap.

My turn, damn drivers seat is so far forward minnie me could drive it!!:mad:
7836.jpg

Chris

Thank you IH8MUD for saving me a weekend of cussing...I came here and did a search for several different things and found this thread, which solved my problem in 20 minutes. It would have been done in 5 had I found a penny to use as a screwdriver. I found the cap about to fall out of the truck, it had only been acting up since the night before. I put 8 turns on the driver side cap as well...wow...this thread saved me!!

My fiancee thanks you all too. She was the one that rode around jammed to the dash after she tried to adjust it for a friend in the back seat.

Have a cold one on me =):beer: :beer:

The caps look like they are M14x1.0 thread. If someone can find a short M14x1.0 bolt, it would be great if they could see if it works to replace a cap. I haven't looked at the mechanism enough to know if the bolt would need to be drilled out to match the hollowed out center of the cap.

Old thread revival... is this the white thing you guys are all after? Someone PM'd me a few weeks ago asking if I could make a few of these, I finally had time to remember to run out to the 80 and try to see what he was talking about (and I'm sorry I forgot who, plus I had to delete a bunch of PM's to free up space and yours was among them, I'm sorry man... :rolleyes:)

Anyway yes this is likely very possible for me to fabricate... and I suspect I could sell them for $7-$8 each, something like that. But before I dive into the design, can someone please confirm that this is the part you're all after? thanks..
white_seat_thing1.jpg
white_seat_thing2.jpg
white_seat_thing3.jpg

Looks like it to me. I just re-installed that fellow on the DS seat yesterday as it came loose. PS was about six months ago. I like the drill and small screw or cotter pin method to keep it captive. Safety wire would work too I guess.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=183066&highlight=nylon+plug

See this thread. I know that neither the entire motor or seat rack has to be replaced to get the 'plug', if it's missing. I DID have to buy the gear assembly, which if I recall is the only 'servicable part'....at elast that's what some guy in Albuquerque told me when I ordered it....:)

white cap

Nakman,

I am the one that PM'ed you and yes that is the part.

I went back and forth with the Lexus parts guys about this, and they indicated that I would have to buy the whole assembly (I think it is the motor). Cost was $400.

I am missing the caps on both my front seats. My neighbor down the street also has an LX450 and is missing one cap.

Let me know if you are able to make these.

If you're making a limited batch of these, I'd take 1 to throw on the shelf for insurance that I'll never need them. After all, you never need what you have sitting on the shelf. Right?

I'd buy a couple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom