Brake line kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got my last few sets of random lines from Marlin Crawler. I’ve never heard of that company (doesn’t mean anything really) but I’ve found that cruiser centric companies like: Marlin Crawler, Cruiser Outfitters, Vintage TEQ, Trail Tailor Valley Hybrids, Mark’s Off Road among others will have the specific knowledge and more importantly, the passion to get you the right thing at a fair price.

HTH

Ian

Honestly, if I needed a full brake line kit, I’d just get the supplies and do it myself. I’ve made a few short runs, and it’s not hard. Kind of fun if you’re psychotic.

They are pricy but SS and allegedly made in the US, only reason I thought it was worth asking the community. @65swb45 mentioned SOR lines were a good choice I believe, I will probably go that way.

They are pricy but SS and allegedly made in the US, only reason I thought it was worth asking the community. @65swb45 mentioned SOR lines were a good choice I believe, I will probably go that way.
If you can justify the shipping cost. It’s their not so hidden markup.

I thought about making my own as well, I read where the CuNi tubing is easy to work with. I can solder some PC boards but my tubing always looks like a$$.
I’ll bend your lines, you figure out my electrical gremlins.

That would be an excellent trade if only you were not on the other side of the country. My son and his wife live in El Paso, she is stationed at Ft Bliss. I have driven across TX a couple times, takes a long day to do so.

My brother in law lives in Asheville…
Stars may align yet.

Managed to change all 8 wheel cylinder, the brake master and both clutch units without ruining a fitting or twisting a line. I am considering new rubber and metal lines next.

Last edited:
I redid all the front tubes on my FJ40 using NiCu tubing. Super easy to work with. I used cheap steel rod to make mock-up lines before I made the final lines with the brake tubing. Really helped figure out routing, lengths. The flaring tool is key in all of this. Get your hands on a high quality one and your life will be so much better. I borrowed one of these from a friend:
1695351205011.png

I used Classic Tube on my '70. They have been around for years. Everything worked just fine. Had to form them a little to fit the master cylinder, but only because I have an FJ80 master. They would've matched up fine with the stock cyl..

Last edited:
I have the Eastwood flaring tool @red66toy posted. I really like it and I got the AN die’s for when I did my sniper fuel lines. The NiCopp is super easy to work with, stainless is a pain. I don’t really mock up my lines anymore but when I did, using thin rod or even some baling wire would get it close. Once you know your bender well it’s not difficult without mock-up, just takes math.

As for inline tube, no experience with their 40 stuff but I put their brake lines on my father in laws Camaro and a few friends have their brake and fuel lines on their 60’s cars. Fit has always been really good. I have their reproduction body bushings on my Chevelle and they were identical to originals, down to the correct numbers molded in.

I see a few knock offs of the eastwood tool, looks almost identical but $100 less. Are they made by the same company?

I see a few knock offs of the eastwood tool, looks almost identical but $100 less. Are they made by the same company?
I actually used the TGR one from Amazon. It’s identical to the Eastwood one.

just bought one of the TGR tools. What size is the tubing and fittings?
3/16 line and usually 10mmx1 fittings. My 65 came with old school 9mm fittings but i reused those where I had to. And used the newer 10mm fittings for all rest (like the 80 series MC and 60 series brake lines for the knuckles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom