Brake line kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I replaced my lines, I did NiCop for the lines on the frame and steel on the axles. I think nicop is too soft and crushable for the axles and the steel is more robust and can handle trail rash better. Whether you trial ride or not.

I used the Classictube SS lines a few years ago. They still look good. The only complaint I have is the fittings are 11mm.
It took a little bending to get them just right but I imagine thats to be expected on pre-bent lines from any supplier.
They have gone up substantially in price from when I bought mine..

The skinny pins that hold the springs for the climbing pins bend, I drilled them out and installed larger diameter roll pins in their place.:)

When I replaced my lines, I did NiCop for the lines on the frame and steel on the axles. I think nicop is too soft and crushable for the axles and the steel is more robust and can handle trail rash better. Whether you trial ride or not.
x2 on steel on the axles.

I can't count how many times I've had to point out the brake lines on the axles, to prevent someone from crushing them.

I went steel all around. Hell, the original steel ones lasted at least 30 years. I figure I'll be dead by the time they rust through.

I have a 77 FJ40, are all the fittings 10mm x 1 on that year? I’m looking to replace all the steel lines soon

They definitely should be.
I’m not certain he’s still at it, but maybe reach out to @Rainman.
Otherwise, after doing a few lines myself, I just got all the stuff to make my own. It’s not hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom