brake line fitting compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looked around an couldnt find a straight answer. checked the FAQ's and nothing exact.

real basic question, and maybe this will reveal my ignorance, but Ive only owned two cars, 89 isuzu trooper, and 82 troopy, but are all the brake fittings on later model cruisers the same?

I ask because I am rebuilding a front axle and deleting the disc backing plates and want a braided hose from the hard line to the calliper. every braided line I see with post 80 fj40 fittament is super long. and when I see peoples axle builds with these lines they look so excessive and likely to snag on something. the range of motion without the backing plate appears to be almost the same as if it were there, so a stock length or slightly longer will be perfect.

I found a slee set for 80 series rear that look like the right length (slightly longer then stock). will the fittings be the same? 10mm? can I use them on the front?

thanks!

looked around an couldnt find a straight answer. checked the FAQ's and nothing exact.

real basic question, and maybe this will reveal my ignorance, but Ive only owned two cars, 89 isuzu trooper, and 82 troopy, but are all the brake fittings on later model cruisers the same?

I ask because I am rebuilding a front axle and deleting the disc backing plates and want a braided hose from the hard line to the calliper. every braided line I see with post 80 fj40 fittament is super long. and when I see peoples axle builds with these lines they look so excessive and likely to snag on something. the range of motion without the backing plate appears to be almost the same as if it were there, so a stock length or slightly longer will be perfect.

I found a slee set for 80 series rear that look like the right length (slightly longer then stock). will the fittings be the same? 10mm? can I use them on the front?

thanks!

Yes.

M10x1.0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom