Boneyard Finds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is a FJ60 that had been cash for clunkered. The interior is mostly there including all the seats that have SOR seat covers. I think it is a brown color scheme. Also it looks like it has some kind of lift on it because there is different shackles for sure on both the front and rear. Power steering box is there along with just about everything else. The lock out hubs are gone but all the other axle parts are there.

It is a FJ60 that had been cash for clunkered. The interior is mostly there including all the seats that have SOR seat covers. I think it is a brown color scheme. Also it looks like it has some kind of lift on it because there is different shackles for sure on both the front and rear. Power steering box is there along with just about everything else. The lock out hubs are gone but all the other axle parts are there.

If anyone is going to the U-pull, snag the PS box and I'll get it when I get home. If it's still there when I get home on Wednesday night, I'll try to run and grab it on Thursday if nobody else has been there first.

Dan

Snagged the tranny and xfer-case this weekend (ordered a bell housing with the mounting tabs for the40), there was a guy there there pulling the leaf springs, but the axels are still there and all the body panels

I was at the junkyard looking for a couple parts. And I noticed a Generation 3 4Runner. It is currently not listed and still pretty together. Also it has the standard three double spoke rims, but they are keyed. Both the 60 and 62 are there, but they are pretty stripped and the 62 seems that it might be out to the crusher in the next batch.

Anything left on the engine to the FJ62?

Anything left on the engine to the FJ62?

Bits and pieces. Not really sure what all is there I was passing by it and didn't need anything. I would say the 62 at Capital was much more complete and a better bet for parts.

Bits and pieces. Not really sure what all is there I was passing by it and didn't need anything. I would say the 62 at Capital was much more complete and a better bet for parts.

if anyone goes by let me know if the radiator fan is still there

Here's the red FJ80 that David is talking about at Capital Scrap yard
100_3714.jpg
100_3715.jpg
100_3716.jpg

the last one.
100_3717.jpg

Tempting, very tempting.

Tempting, very tempting.

At some point, don't you need to stop hording parts for your creation? Now, if you had an 80......:flipoff2:

The 3FE electronics in the FJ80 are slightly different than in the FJ62. I don't need any "hard parts" but I would like to get the harness, computer, coil/ignitor from an FJ80.

anyone know?

I have not been down there much, but for those that have. Any '05 Corollas down there. Have a friend that needs a wheel.

I have not been down there much, but for those that have. Any '05 Corollas down there. Have a friend that needs a wheel.

I checked the U-Pull website and the newest Corolla they had was a 2002. I'm not sure about the other yards though.

85 FJ60 Just in at U-Pull. Haven't seen it.

1988 FJ62 at the U-Pull

I saw this land last weekend and of course didn't have the tools needed to start harvesting. As I'm picking it apart Sy and Paul show up to snag a few things. This morning it was close to complete. Somebody did get a wrench to a few things, but 99% of it was still there. I have no idea why the truck was salvaged. It wasn't in a wreck, and I didn't see anything outward on the engine to suggest it had a problem. The engine can be turned at the crank nut.

A few external pics. Most of the sheet metal and glass were in great shape.

Of course, there is less of it there this afternoon. :bounce:
1218101051.jpg
1218101052.jpg
1218101052b.jpg

A few more pics. What did we do before camera phones?
1218101052a.jpg
1218101052c.jpg
1218101052d.jpg

1988 FJ62 at the U-Pull

If anyone would care to get it for me (and doesn't want it themselves) I could use the alternator. Payment for your labor in dinner or beer next time I'm there. Immediate reimbursement for cost of alternator at U-Pull. EDIT: I would really like both halves of the connector plug for it too, if you don't mind cutting it off the harness. TIA.

Lee

Last edited:
If anyone would care to get it for me (and doesn't want it themselves) I could use the alternator. Payment for your labor in dinner or beer next time I'm there. Immediate reimbursement for cost of alternator at U-Pull.

I think I might have one or two FJ62 alternators. Should be one Denso and one aftermarket rebuild. I ended up not using them on the project.

I think I might have one or two FJ62 alternators. Should be one Denso and one aftermarket rebuild. I ended up not using them on the project.

I would be happy to buy one off of you next time I'm there Jon; I'm looking for an upgrade for my 40 since I just bought a fridge, in addition to two radios, a GPS, and an amp. The other possibility I'm looking at is having my stock alternator re-wound by Boyle Future Tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom