For Sale Bluetooth Stereo 100% Hidden, only takes up the space of a dash knob! (Custom knob included) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is my first idea for speaker pods.

These are a rough render, but I hope it conveys my idea.

Unfortunately these will only work for 74 and later with a roll bar. Any thoughts, suggestions or criticisms are welcome.

These are designed to handle 4 inch and under speakers. I suppose they could be modified for bigger but thats later down the road.

They will bolt to the existing roll-bar brackets. No idea on when these might become available but I will most likely NOT print these. These will be a cast product out of some material that will outlast the roll-bar! lol..

View attachment 2821501

View attachment 2821502
What is the clamp diameter?

@avillan610 I think the clamp is the stock one from a 75+ roll bar. I'm assuming the part he's designing is just the speaker housing that bolts to the inside face of the OEM bar clamp.

Yea still waiting for shipping status of my order. Hoping it ships out soon so I can get it installed before it gets too cold.

Received and partially installed! Thanks @thecrazygreek ! Now I just need to refurbish the other knobs to match…
03BC0BC1-C0DD-45CB-BE57-47A35EC870FE.jpeg
87066916-1BEA-4EB0-8085-D3B10FC88E9A.jpeg

Got mine too. Very impressed with packaging (especially the Toyota parts sticker 😅) and the overall first impression quality of it. Thank you for the nice quality-built item and for coming up with such a beautiful design.
3CB1135B-CD36-4C39-92EC-206E4197A0D1.jpeg

54C2F631-238F-4423-B58F-E1CF7BCC8A35.jpeg
26D2EB3E-8B71-459E-830B-5804B84820A3.jpeg
313C3290-375B-4A2E-802D-C89DA4D11BE3.jpeg

@thecrazygreek I’d like to clean the face of the knob and perhaps repaint it, it has some white residue outside the music sign. What kind of paint is the white in the middle?
1C4B2845-AE4D-42AA-8625-A1B1B5BA8094.jpeg

Hello all!

I have been busy with lot's of stuff lately so my apologies for not posting in a few days!

First I have an announcement regarding discontinuation of a couple designs. As noted above the white paint on a couple of the designs will smudge more easily due to the WIDE area that is covered. The designs that will be removed are the SPEAKER icon (Solid not outlined), The double note (pictured above), and the TEQ.

Another item I am discontinuing that didn't even get off the ground, is the radio delete plate version. I have discovered a new way and will be releasing info on it soon.

So, with that said let me clarify a couple things. If you already ordered one of the knobs that has been discontinued you can keep it and consider it a "limited edition", or if you find that the smudging is an issue, let me know your new design choice I we can get you taken care of. If you have ordered but it hasn't shipped yet, let me know asap via PM and you can stick with the design knowing the issue, or pick a new design.

Regarding the TEQ symbol. I know you guys like that one! So I will have a couple new renders out soon and see if we can still get it done.

And regarding people who have ordered and not received the goods just yet. First off my apologies for being slow. I have had a couple mix ups, and a couple knucklehead moments, and the quantity of orders has really surprised me! But rest assured, you will get yours soon.

I will look through the orders and see if I am missing something. If you ordered more than two weeks ago, please send me a PM and I will give you an update asap.

And finally, thanks for all the nice comments above! I get a kick out of adding a little geek to things I make, so the packaging is a result of that. And it will vary sometimes. Different stickers, and colors etc.

And finally finally... The 2.1 version is still in the works. (this will give you total control of the sound and support a SEPERATE subwoofer)
The issue as mentioned before is the size, and it has 5 knobs!!! It just will not let you mount it on the dash as designed. So I am working on separating the volume control from the main body, and running it up to the dash with the knob so it looks like a one knob job. :)

But the other 4 knobs and the main body, will need to be mounted somewhere else. I am thinking the glovebox, or just behind the dash where you can reach up to access the other 4 knobs. Now the nice part is, once you get the other 4 knobs dialed in, you really don't need to mess with them again.

I do have a custom ashtray option I am working on, but that may turn out to be too complex...
Here's a render. I really want this to happen. :)
spk box n ashtray.png

Oh... and a speaker box design for under the dash or where ever.. (needs work)

I Received mine it look great and shipping was fast and well packaged, the only bad thins the white smudge residue around, i wish it was clean but it great other than that.

thanks again

I Received mine it look great and shipping was fast and well packaged, the only bad thins the white smudge residue around, i wish it was clean but it great other than that.

thanks again
Please let me know if you want me to replace your knob with a different design.

Ground on the new radio mount post and positive to the original radio hot wire
Thx, my early 72 never had an original radio hot wire, so searching for another option before going directly to the battery

From my understanding, you want to apply switched power (probably acc) and not go directly from the battery. Of course you also want a fuse between power and the Bluetooth device too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom