For Sale Bluetooth Stereo 100% Hidden, only takes up the space of a dash knob! (Custom knob included) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is my 1981/82 JDM BJ44. All knobs (except no. 4 - ignore that aftermarket BS) are original to the truck.

#2 (wiper) is the same as my unlighted headlight switch (pic attached) but the hazard is actually slightly smaller than the wiper/headlight and is unique to JDM 40 series after 1982 MY. It actually rotates as well as pulls out and has a caravan lighting feature when rotated.

#3 is a lighted front drive knob. Again unique to those trucks with vacuum front drive actuation.

#4 was for fog lights that I no longer have and this location is where I will be putting your awesome kit!

#5 I think this lighter is the same as a 60 series? Mine is 24v so assume that they did this to simplify?

Let me know if you want me to send you any of these you may not have.

Thanks!

Here are the pictures.

PXL_20211022_192156220.jpg

PXL_20211022_192149296.jpg

Obviously I will do a restore in the future when. I clean this beast up... 🤪😜

I’ve seen this several times when looking through the classifieds but never looked at it until the other day. Love the work you have done and will definitely order one in the near future if I ever get mine on the road.

Obviously I will do a restore in the future when. I clean this beast up... 🤪😜

It's crazy how Toyota did not care to have the knobs match up. They have been this way since the beginning. I am thinking they must have just gone with whatever they had available at the time.

So now the question is are you changing your knob choice on the current order? Or going with the Original decision.? I think I can get the #2 style (your wiper and headlight) done the fastest as I have already started down that road.

Yes! Thanks for asking! I'd love the #2 version if it's not too much trouble for this truck. The second one can stay with the 1972 version when you get those dialed in. Outlined speaker version on both would be great!

Awesome work and I'm moving up my audio install on my 44 to when these get here!

Some updates...

The 200watt version is available.
Some pictures to compare size vs the 100watt version.

20211021_235150.jpg

20211021_235138.jpg

And here's an assortment of styles in the flesh. These are all going to customers.

20211022_153358.jpg

PM sent for the 200 Watt version!

Installation question I may have missed. Does this have a ground or does it ground through the connection to the dash? I just see the + side on the back of the unit.

Also, no issues with the standard radio fuse for this coming off of the existing radio wiring?

So excited!

Oh, and progress on the radio delete plate version.

I made the first render of the plate (needs tweaks / one in pic is raw) and am just about ready to start taking orders on it.
So some general information about this kit...

Includes
  • Custom Delete Plate (looks OEM from the outside)
  • 140watt 12v DC, Bluetooth Only 2.0 receiver
  • Pair of Waterproof Marine Rated 3.5 inch Speakers (86mm mounting hole, 54mm depth)
This version does not have a knob. It is 100% controlled by your phone. It does have an aux input for whatever you need.
It connects to 12volt switched power. (No 24volt option)
Includes necessary wires for connecting.

I hooked this combo up last night and it sounded great! I think this kit is paired very well. (Speakers and amplifier)

I am not offering a mounting solution for the Speakers yet. But I believe these are small enough to fit under the dash with little issues.

Price on this kit is $199.00 shipped.

If you already own a delete plate, you can use velcro to attach this light weight amp to the back of it. It will fit without interference or issues.

If you don't need the Delete Plate I'll take $40.00 off of the price making it $159.00 shipped.

20211022_155947.jpg
20211022_160202.jpg
20211022_160128.jpg
20211022_160057.jpg

Last edited:
Installation question I may have missed. Does this have a ground or does it ground through the connection to the dash? I just see the + side on the back of the unit.

Also, no issues with the standard radio fuse for this coming off of the existing radio wiring?

So excited!
The power wire coming off of it splits off into + and - . So the ground side can go to any ground. It will also be grounded via the dash mounting hole.

And the stock radio fuse works great!

The power wire coming off of it splits off into + and - . So the ground side can go to any ground. It will also be grounded via the dash mounting hole.

And the stock radio fuse works great!
This is perfect. I have the dash panel from the late late model 40s (in the pictures above) and while it is bolted on, it does have a gasket that could prevent a really good ground. With the ground wire, I can both get the grounding from the mounting bolt of the switch, and run the wire to a good ground in the main body that will allow for the best current flow. Even better sound! Thanks!

Wondering where you were looking to mount the front speakers under the dash. I know people have put them in the footwells below the kick vent, but under the dash would be better for me since i don't want anything affecting my throttle pedal. Looking at marine speakers now to b ready to dial in a four speaker setup. Two in the front (somewhere!) and two in the back with some of the cool mounting plates that fit right into the back corners below the hard top.

payment sent for the new 200W version! Now to figure out the best speaker configuration in my 72, welcome any advice Mud

Wondering where you were looking to mount the front speakers under the dash. I know people have put them in the footwells below the kick vent, but under the dash would be better for me since i don't want anything affecting my throttle pedal. Looking at marine speakers now to b ready to dial in a four speaker setup. Two in the front (somewhere!) and two in the back with some of the cool mounting plates that fit right into the back corners below the hard top.
Speaker boxes are what I'm planning on making. Something that will accommodate a 4 inch Speaker.

I came up with a crazy idea to hide them inside a custom seatbelt housing. Either one down low or up at the pivot point on the rollbar. But then that would only work for the 75ish and newer rigs.

I'll come up with something. :)

Ah... so not under the 40 dash... Hmm... I don;t want them in the doors, but would love to have front speakers pointed in and back from in front of the B pillar.

Going to have to think about that one! I want it stealthy since I may run an FST or topless part of the year...

I did find a 3" speaker that is marine rated and is less than an inch deep. Not sure if that helps with your designs....

Decided to go with a nice set of 6.5" marine tower speaker on my roll bar. Found a screaming deal on a pair of MB Quart NHT1C-116B on Crutchfield's outlet site. WIll post pics after i get everything installed.

g049T1C116B-F.jpg

Here is my first idea for speaker pods.

These are a rough render, but I hope it conveys my idea.

Unfortunately these will only work for 74 and later with a roll bar. Any thoughts, suggestions or criticisms are welcome.

These are designed to handle 4 inch and under speakers. I suppose they could be modified for bigger but thats later down the road.

They will bolt to the existing roll-bar brackets. No idea on when these might become available but I will most likely NOT print these. These will be a cast product out of some material that will outlast the roll-bar! lol..

Rollbar speakerpod render1.png

Rollbar speakerpod rende2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom