Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ECT (engine coolant temp) goes to the TBI temp sender.

I’ve used stock plugs. I think DUI recommends plugs with a wider gap if you’re using their distributor, but I doubt it makes an actual difference.

Where did you put the TBI temp sender is what I'm asking I guess.

Tap a hole or use an existing spot somewhere?

Thanks

You can put it in the thermostat housing, but will have to extend the wires:

1714A8ED-565C-4779-9481-8F7D58E8ABD6.jpeg

Or, if you don’t mind draining the coolant, you can remove the block drain and mount it in that hole (the wire reaches).

Thanks Cam. I missed all that. I was out car camping and working.

Came home to a nice box of carpeted mats via @dnp

The old rubber mats just looked too bad on my pretty carpet

D79664DF-9C93-4E11-9552-318DA2FE8048.jpeg
1440B546-B561-4765-A8D8-2EE481BA3942.jpeg
1DF95F0D-E399-4D79-AD20-DF9035CA25D2.jpeg
1200DE42-6AA1-4AF7-8B24-8CCBBB7198E4.jpeg
C39E4C96-4841-4479-BCCB-7637C7B0B496.jpeg

Also, I’ll likely not do it but you could easily use the hump carpet material I skipped to restore the bottoms of the door panels. Plenty of extra material here

Thanks Cam. I missed all that. I was out car camping and working.

Came home to a nice box of carpeted mats via @dnp

The old rubber mats just looked too bad on my pretty carpet
View attachment 1757869
Also, I’ll likely not do it but you could easily use the hump carpet material I skipped to restore the bottoms of the door panels. Plenty of extra material here

Nolan, how do you like the sub in the back like that? Do you have it mounted anyway to keep from tipping over, etc.? I really want to add a sub to my system but 1.) can't have it facing out due to dogs, and 2.) want to be sure its mounted good but easily removable should I need to take out due to loading the truck full of camping gear.
Had previously been looking at a small Bazooka Tube sub but just haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger.

Nolan, how do you like the sub in the back like that? Do you have it mounted anyway to keep from tipping over, etc.? I really want to add a sub to my system but 1.) can't have it facing out due to dogs, and 2.) want to be sure its mounted good but easily removable should I need to take out due to loading the truck full of camping gear.
Had previously been looking at a small Bazooka Tube sub but just haven't gotten around to pulling the trigger.

It’s fine. It does not move ever. It’s heavy and the wedge shape keeps it pressed against the seat.

I move it all over when I’m packing for trips. However best and it is tough enough to stack stuff on.

I really like my little under seat sub. $115 and it just sounds like a decent factory system without getting in the way or shaking an already paper thin truck. I can even fold the seats flat and it can stay.

I got to make a nice long trip today for the first time since the carpet and Norco install.

Wow. It’s so quiet. I never knew it was loud until I did this.

7401D849-DE87-4A8C-8560-480809D56ABF.jpeg

I forgot one thing.

Before the thicker gasket 2 of the AFI provided bolts for the adapter to intake were .100” too long to get a good bead of RTV in there to seal them for vacuum leaks.

After the Ramflex, they were perfect.

View attachment 1549620

did you add a Remflex gasket to both sides of the adapter (top and bottom?)

Was Remflex p/n GS16511 sufficient for 2 gaskets? The sheet it 6.5 x 11 inches.

did you add a Remflex gasket to both sides of the adapter (top and bottom?)

Was Remflex p/n GS16511 sufficient for 2 gaskets? The sheet it 6.5 x 11 inches.

Yes I did and it’s plenty.

I wonder if you could use Permatex #3 on the paper gaskets? That stuff doesn't set up, and I believe is fuel resistant...

80017.jpg

I wonder if you could use Permatex #3 on the paper gaskets? That stuff doesn't set up, and I believe is fuel resistant...

View attachment 1761627
There is actually a spray version that I have seen at NAPA Auto.. I know there have been a couple guys that have talked about using it on manifold gaskets to help with a seal.

Nevermind, thought that was the COPPER gasket not the aviation.. Had to expand the image to see it clearer.

@FJ60Cam aka Mosley Motors who set up my AFI for me and promptly disappeared before I got the final wiring done came to inspect her a year later during a long-range test on his latest LS 60 project.

He wanted to advance my timing to see if I could get some improved mileage per gallon.

Turns out the timing was set to 0* advance.

We bumped to 7* advance. Drove better then we bumped it to 12* and it drove better. No ping.

Looking forward to getting it out for a nice long drive to see if it helped. Feels stronger for sure.

D22D6875-2376-47BB-A042-AC4F8127A6AF.jpeg

@Racer65 has a reverse polarity harness to make his LEDs work with his lights on a 60 now.

Couple of screws for grounds and a couple more if you want to mount the resistors.

I like these because the high beams really work where normal H4 LEDs don’t do much as for projection

003B22FD-1FD7-4C23-8EA6-F8E729F79113.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom