Builds Big Green Buffalo Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good stuff... did i miss the suspension specs??

i think this swing arm is done, ready for bed liner!

the 3 pipes welded in arm are for a later project. building this bumper/swing arm from scratch i knew i wanted to make it functional as possible, adding as much utility i could. i ran through camp scenarios, kayaking adventures, and road trips in my head, racking up every possible thing i could need and i THINK, ive built in all the provisions ill need. i wont bother explaining the pipes, itll make sense when you see that part of the project.

Untitled by bill bill2, on Flickr

swing arm is finally done and installed. im still deciding on wheels so i dont actually have a spare yet, i have a 5th tire, just no wheel..

installed a new denso "cold climate" 2000w starter, ditched the hardly functioning "warm climate" 1400w starter.. the cc has a much larger motor, ie more torque for ice cold engines..

i have over 2k miles on the engine now and i bumped up the timing over the last few days from 8* to 11* to 13* and now to 15* running 93 octane. it made a huge difference from 8 to 15. also adjusted the trans kickdown cable to downshift with a bit less throttle and now the truck drives fairly peppy for 37s with stock gears. as i recall the repair manual calls for 3* of ignition advance, but i dont have any detonation/pinging even at 4800rpm full throttle at 15* again on 93.. maybe a long hill and constant load will bring combustion temps up high enough to detonate but at this point i feel pretty comfortable with it. anyone put extra timing into their trucks, what are you setting your base timing at?

Good work. Do you go wheeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom