Builds Big Green Buffalo Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So are you back to the stock OEM bump stops after cutting "tubing" the rear fenders?
How about the front, are they stock also?

Last edited:
the winch is not currently installed and the bumper is not officially finished yet. I plan to add a few more gussets and support for the outer parts of the bar. ill install the winch when the bumper is fully done and "painted" with the same bed-liner that i used on the rear bumper.

i sorta rushed it onto the truck because i have a big camping/wheeling weekend coming up which will include lots of night wheeling. i wanted the lights up and running for that. and yes, there will be a video ;)

new pesky pipe.. new exhaust studs..

Untitled by bill bill, on Flickr

and the crown jewel 11291-66010 brand new just like that!

this is what it started as..

Sweet nice attention to detail

Just read through you hole thread, Nice build. looking at your rear wheels wells I see we took the same basic approach to clearancing for big tires. Did you have to address the gas filler tube ? What is the actual measured height of you tires. And how were you articulating the rear axle to check for clearance. For reference I had Both rear spring out with shocks installed. Then I could let one side droop all the way out while I stuff the other side all the way to the bump stops or both side all the way to the bump stops to check for clearance by rotating the tire and adjusting the bump stop tell the tires moved freely after cutting as far as I was willing.

Just read through you hole thread, Nice build. looking at your rear wheels wells I see we took the same basic approach to clearancing for big tires. Did you have to address the gas filler tube ? What is the actual measured height of you tires. And how were you articulating the rear axle to check for clearance. For reference I had Both rear spring out with shocks installed. Then I could let one side droop all the way out while I stuff the other side all the way to the bump stops or both side all the way to the bump stops to check for clearance by rotating the tire and adjusting the bump stop tell the tires moved freely after cutting as far as I was willing.

Thanks man. I didnt do anything with fuel filler tube. No idea what actual height of my tire is. I just cut apart the body and put a rear wheel on the alignment lift, lifted until a front wheel came off the ground and looked around from the inside of the truck to see how much more to trim for tubs. I can fit a finger in everywhere now, and it tucks the 37 far high than it would in original form. Stock springs, stock length shocks, stock bump stops, 1.5/2” spacers all around. I figure since its all assembled and under its own weight on the trail, it would be sufficient for building. Plus the 40s are coming, i may have a make slight adjustment to the right side tub, but we’ll see.

Just a heads up If you ever plan to up grade your suspension now is the time. The stock shocks (short) are limiting your articulation, think of the axle as a teeter totter as one side goes down the other side goes up. That's why your 37 are not rubbing on stock bump stops JMHO. Longer shocks are going to be one of your best traction aids. Your axle/ tire needs to articulate or drop out to maintain traction, the biggest tire won't help if it's not on the ground. Not trying to be a know it all, just trying to help. To really see whats happening you need to pull the springs !!! Again JMHO

Last edited:
Yeah im aware of that. Im gonna 3link the front and long arm the rear at point. im in no rush.
Oh my bad, Sweet I well be following along.

By the way the reason I went with 39s is they come 12.50 wide, All the 40s I could find come 13.50 wide or wider and won't tuck!! Just sayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom