Builds Big Green Buffalo Build Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lol yeah TT

ive been super busy lately, racecars, a cabin, and traveling...

ive deleted the ABS and replaced the entire brake system, pads, rotors, calipers, stainless hoses x7, master cylinder, lspv delete, installed wilwood prop valve.. got a spare tire and wheel, i have 5 37s now..... i also have a giant PS cooler to install and couple more little projects lined up. im planning a slider build too. you know, normal stuff.

Bump
er

did you build a front bumper? Beasley or AOP next weekend?

Ive been super busy, not much time for the truck lately.. i havent built anything fun yet. I did pull the entire interior so i could tub the rear wheel wells..

I did swap my interior lights to LEDs, instrument panel and so on.

Master Lexus mechanic skillz - wish I had those. Very nice work all the way around. I'm glad to see you wheeling it, too.

Happy trails.

Last edited:
i also just tubbed the rear of the truck, ill let the pictures speak for themselves.

Untitled by bill bill2, on Flickr

Wow! Great updates... I love the pics!

What else is your “to do” list? Maybe a little body work?

Seems like all that’s left is break it, then fix it!!

I’m impressed... the quality and speed of this build is awesome!

Haha thanks man. the very next thing will be a front bumper, followed by sliders. After that is gears and lockers, then part time it, then probably 3 link the front and beef up the rear suspension.. thatll probably fill out 2020. Maybe monstaliner the truck, beadlocks with 40s..

Saw your post on the weekend thread.
Realizing you are on stock coils got my attention.
Clicked on the build link in the sig....
Started flipping through pics, seems like solid thread worth actually reading through from page #1, will be hopefully doing that when I have time to sit down.
A few things that stand out I wanted to ask or comment on is:
I like the lines of the rear bumper looking forward to see what you come up with the front. One thing about the tire carrier though, it looks very close to the back window.... hope you don't come down hard on a rock or back into tree & blow out the window.
Another thing the 2" coil spacers... I know the front 80 coils fit the 4runners but what years? I'm looking for a set of 50mm spacers, but can only find them in AUS & they will end up almost the price of new coils. If you could help me find some 50mm onthe cheap that would be awesome. Thanks.

Thanks a lot man, i appreciate the love..

I modified the height of the tire carrier near the end of building it, it wont hit the glass unless i get rear ended.

As far as coils go, yeah completely stock. Spacers were fairly easy to find, 3rd gen 4runner REAR spacers fit perfect on the front springs of an 80. I know that because i lifted the rear of my 3rd gen 4runner with front 80 coils. I re-lifted a buddies 3rd-4r with taller springs and kept his old rear spacers. So when i got this i figured id stick them on the front, boom, worked.

Rear spacers are impossible to find for an 80 so after a small bit of research i took a leap of faith and bought 03-05ish sequoia rear spacers, worked..

Rear sequoia spacers

Last edited:
Great build man. I just picked one up for a very small fee and now I am wishing I was a master Lexus tech. I have to do my work in a driveway so it will take me years longer to do all these repairs, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom