bib light turn signal mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i decided not to run the large turn signals of the fenders of my 1976 40. I used Toyota original bib lights and modified them to work
with he existing wiring. I put it up on you tube for easier upload. I hope it helps someone some day,

This has been done for many years. On the FJ25 bib lights were used as turn signals and parking lights. When then FJ40 started the same bib lights were used. Originally the turn signal wire was still there, just not used then deleted. These lights were also used as tail lights on the FJ25 and first couple of years on the FJ40. I have a few set modified as tail lights using reproduced red lenses. We just got lucky Toyota never changed from the dual element lamp and just deleted the wire for the unused element. Simple job to just solder in the needed wire.

you just have to slide the extra wire into the housing slide the wire in touch it with some solder and done. No drilling or messing around with anything. The solder balls up into a factory oem look you wouldn’t even know it was modded.

I usually just take the plug apart. B4 scrapping a rusty housing I scavenge the parts.
20240109_202957.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom