FJ55 Turn Signal Relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't know if anyone is still interested in the subject of turn signal relays, but I couldn't find a replacement for my '74 FJ55 relay so I bought two that are for an older Celica part number 81980-22070 on Amazon for pretty cheap, and hooked them up and they worked which was a pleasant surprise. I also am going to velcro them into the body of the old relay so they bolt in the same space as the original.

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

The Pig.jpg

I have used that same trick of electrical connectors into plugs many times. Sometimes you need to fit the female to male side by either opening up the tabs with a small screwdriver or tightening them up with plyers. Much easier to do before you crimp it on the wire - push the guts out of the insulation jacket, modify as needed, re-insert the connector and then crimp the unit on the wire.

I have used that same trick of electrical connectors into plugs many times. Sometimes you need to fit the female to male side by either opening up the tabs with a small screwdriver or tightening them up with plyers. Much easier to do before you crimp it on the wire - push the guts out of the insulation jacket, modify as needed, re-insert the connector and then crimp the unit on the wire.
I had to do most of what you just said, and it was really a trial by error, lots of errors actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom