Best replacement radiator for the money today... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check the lower hose. Been having the same issue

There are 19 pages of personal experiences in this post.
I went with CSF. Paid around $120 + Shipping at RockAuto.com
The box arrived wet and mostly destroyed, but the radiator inside was intact.
So far it's been about 3 months since I installed it and is working great. I got my temps back to normal.

I do have a small leak that I can't find. I need to add about 1 inch of coolant to the reservoir every month.

Can you take a photo of the top?

I went with Koyo through rockauto. Arrived in perfect condition. I have never bought radiator and had it shipped, and I was concerned about it being damaged. The packaging was relatively sparse but designed pretty well. I haven't installed it yet, but will report back here with my findings.

Top tank of my radiator is brown and looking for the best replacement as PM.

From personal experience, would it be best brand to go with? I've been hearing lots of stories about Denso rad's leaking, etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Just installed a Koyo from Amazon. Perfect fit, well packaged, and less than half the cost of OEM. No leaks so far and running much cooler than before.

I thought I read on this forum that Genuine rads were about to get cheaper for the 100 series. I still see them for about $600 however. Koyo still the way to go, or should I hold out a little longer. Replacing for peace of mind/age.

Just the top. Trying to see if the used radiator I got when my CSF/Spectra leaked could be a koyo.
Here are a few. Let me know if you want something more specific and I will try my best for you.

264D1A7D-2B41-4761-A211-559027DE8D12.jpeg

4A80D779-91FA-4EA5-A73B-4724F5862EB0.jpeg

66EE721D-940F-4055-9F28-06A15097933E.jpeg

Thanks. The koyo looks more OEM.
I could believe that. I'm not aware of any reported fitment issues. So I am guessing everything is very close to it's oem location.

I have the spectra from PepBoys and its a rebranded CSF. The first one had issues with the lower inlet with a sight leak.

Doesn't this whole thread prove there needs to be a go-to solid aluminum radiator for the 100 series? CSF has had a better track record then others but theyre all way too fragile, especially for what everyone here uses them for. These things can barely survive the post office but they're gonna get bolted up and bounced down a forest trail?

Doesn't this whole thread prove there needs to be a go-to solid aluminum radiator for the 100 series? CSF has had a better track record then others but theyre all way too fragile, especially for what everyone here uses them for. These things can barely survive the post office but they're gonna get bolted up and bounced down a forest trail?
There are some on eBay but no one has tried them on here yet apparently. I may have to Guinea pig myself.

Just a follow up report - my Koyo radiator was installed last week and is performing well in the SoCal heat wave. Temps are pretty flat even in high-revving usage scenarios.

Only snag was that the shop I used wasn’t able to source a Toyota part for the foam insulation. I understand that this helps keep critters out and creates an air tunnel, not sure if there are any other functional reasons for it. I’m not too concerned about it not being there and may replace the foam insulation myself, just wondering which foam to use and how much of a pain it is to do while the radiator is installed. Would appreciate any advice or first-hand shared experience.

Just a follow up report - my Koyo radiator was installed last week and is performing well in the SoCal heat wave. Temps are pretty flat even in high-revving usage scenarios.

Only snag was that the shop I used wasn’t able to source a Toyota part for the foam insulation. I understand that this helps keep critters out and creates an air tunnel, not sure if there are any other functional reasons for it. I’m not too concerned about it not being there and may replace the foam insulation myself, just wondering which foam to use and how much of a pain it is to do while the radiator is installed. Would appreciate any advice or first-hand shared experience.
Are you referring to the foam on the sides or top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom