Best Heated seat replacement option? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The driver-side heated seat stopped working in my 2000 LC w/ 225k miles. The switch works. The connectors are good. I am sure it is the element inside the seat.

So I want to know what is a good alternative to replace the OEM seats with? I looked into scheel-mann, but it doesn't have heated options. I want to avoid reupholstery, I don't have any good shop around that can do that for me. I would rather have a direct bolt-on replacement.

Are you looking for just a heated pad to sit on the seat? Otherwise, I'd think you have to take the skin off to replace the heater.

It's not hard to re-skin the seats on a Toyota and replace the heater elements while you were at it. If you can do other DIY wrenching jobs you can do the seat re-skin fairly easily (4-5 hour job per seat for me when I did it - on a GX - but the 100 looks very similar). Good quality replacement leather skins are around $700-1,000 and are worth every penny.

I think it would be significantly more work to adapt aftermarket seats considering the mounting brackets (and potential need to do some fabrication), seat belt buckle and sensor, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom