Best gullwing window replacements (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who makes the best gullwing metal rear window replacements for the 80 Series?

I don't own these, but would be my first choice at this point....

Others include Solvefunction - https://solvefunction.com/ to name an option that is more cost effective and a great option if you consider a non-metal version.

Since I'm not in the market at this point, I stopped searching, so others may chime in with good options too.... :beer:

I have and tecommend the yodateq…I gain nothing from this and paid for mine

I have always drooled over the Wagon gear gullwing windows as they are using OEM glass windows. I am not a big fan of losing even more visibility going to the Molle panel windows and Wont scratch like acrylic. Nothing against Solvefunction windows, because this will probably be the option I move towards due to cost and he actually has them in stock LOL. But in a weird way I like having my rear perimeter lights which is where the locking mechanism goes if you get the wagon gear set. Both solid options if you want to actually be able to see.

I can't vouch for them (yet), but check out the Big Country 4x4 option via Rugged Bound. I'm leaning their direction, personally.

That said, it requires drilling into the sheet metal of the body for install. If that's an issue, then the YodaTeq, LCP, or The Cruiser Company (out of Australia) offerings would be good.

Wagongear is definitely the best out there (IMHO), but I believe the gent who makes them has focused on other pursuits for a while. Permanently or temporarily, I don't know. Emu Wing out of Australia is another "high end" option. You can order their wings as either solid panels or glass. Beyond that, as listed above, you have YotaTeq, LCP, Cruiser Company, etc..

I’ve had LCP for about 5 years with no issues. They are simple, durable, functional and affordable.

I'm going to get Emu Wing ones for my 80 based on the main premise of (a) no drilling and (b) doesn't require stuff I don't have (existing sliding cargo windows and (c) isn't glass (though Emu Wing do offer a glass version).

The Yotateq ones are really good though, but shipping a set here to Oz would be a multi-thousand dollar venture.

How big is the budget? 😁
Well, if the govmint shuts down, I'm headed to Grand Canyon to operate the entrance station myself (Reduced rates!) So the budget may go WAAAY up!

I don't own these, but would be my first choice at this point....

I have these. Solid piece of kit and super responsive. Recommend 10/10.

DIY Option

Wagongear is definitely the best out there (IMHO), but I believe the gent who makes them has focused on other pursuits for a while. Permanently or temporarily, I don't know. Emu Wing out of Australia is another "high end" option. You can order their wings as either solid panels or glass. Beyond that, as listed above, you have YotaTeq, LCP, Cruiser Company, etc..
Yeah, it's looking pretty permanent.

1696531983453.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom