Best Bolt on Header back exhaust system For 1996 LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the op said header back but it does not seem that's what you're talking bout here. That looks sweet anyway though!

The Magnaflow Y pipe handles the manifold to cat section and is very well built using mandrel bent tubing. They even turned the cat horizontal. No need to reinvent the wheel here.

Here's the Magnaflow unit compared to the Borla crap I pulled off mine a few years ago.

IMG_5901.JPG

I had planned to have fixtures done for the 80 series this week. I built a prototype for a truck last week. But the last person to build exhaust for that truck removed all of the factory frame hangers. I ended up having to make my own which killed the prospects of building fixtures off of it. As soon as i can get an unmolested 80 in the shop I'll work on getting fixtures built.

View attachment 1570929

View attachment 1570930

View attachment 1570932

View attachment 1570935

View attachment 1570936
what is the rough cost for this set up ?

Another item on my Christmas list...

Take my money already. My 80 needs a new exhaust. Well, need isn't the issue...

Another MUD vendor, ACC Garage, has a bolt on kit that's just about ready for market. They are working out some bracket replacement pieces, but have the kit 99% ready.

Last edited:
My Y pipe is shot, but I am holding out for details on upcoming turbo kit before pulling the trigger.

Any updates on the ACC Garage kit?

Kit is being refined in-situ on the 80, so it can go back to the fabricator for final production. They are experimenting with different mufflers to get a better sound out of it with and without the resonator.

Kit is being refined in-situ on the 80, so it can go back to the fabricator for final production. They are experimenting with different mufflers to get a better sound out of it with and without the resonator.
Is it stainless?

I thought they were importing these from Australia, no?

I thought they were importing these from Australia, no?
I am part of the original small batch of these from Australia. They were advertised as stainless and did not arrive as stainless (which is fine to me as I really don't care). ACC is working off this kit and creating a stainless version that should be available as a full bolt on kit in the near future.

I am hoping to find time to get over there to pick mine up and get it bolted on in the next couple of weeks.

Here is the thread to follow my progress:

New exhaust ordered! With headers :)

I am in desperate need of a system. I will be following this.

It needs to be 50 state legal. Im in California. Will any of these for the bill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom