Best Bolt on Header back exhaust system For 1996 LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to replace the Exhaust system on My 1996 Lx450. 110k Miles. But the rust is taking over. Budget is around 2k. What are the best performance options available? any opinions, thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

PR

EMS powered, most def. :hillbilly:

And if you like that, this fella named Shane has greeeeeeat leather seat kits. :confused:

Edit - just noticed you're new, so it doesn't register w/ you. His stuff was craptastic & worse on customer service. A real gem of a fella.

There are tons of exhaust threads to look through but

Magnaflow y pipe with cat
New denso o2 sensors with oem heat shield
Muffler of choice (loud vs quiet)
Mom n pop joint for routing of choice

Well stated. Having recently read through all those threads again for like the 10th time, IMO you nailed the summary of pertinent points jfz80.

What muffler would you run for a quiet setup? Would you keep the factory resonator?

There's a rumor floating around a stainless madrel bent over the frame exhaust system is in the works by a well regarded MUD vendor. Plan is to bolt up to the Magnaflow Y pipe. Might want to hold off if you want a high quality bolt on system.

^^^ is this for real, I'm just a week away from pulling the trigger on a 2.5" s/s custom exhaust. I need more details. Can you PM me the vendor?

Last edited:
I want one. I mean two.

I had planned to have fixtures done for the 80 series this week. I built a prototype for a truck last week. But the last person to build exhaust for that truck removed all of the factory frame hangers. I ended up having to make my own which killed the prospects of building fixtures off of it. As soon as i can get an unmolested 80 in the shop I'll work on getting fixtures built.

20171102_151351.jpg

20171105_130340.jpg

20171105_130312.jpg

20171104_121215.jpg

20171105_130349.jpg

^^ Nice looking setup. Love the v bands. Exit looks like it may benefit from being tucked higher with a turn down.

What muffler would you run for a quiet setup? Would you keep the factory resonator?

Bigger is better but if you heard my exhaust youd know I havent found the right one ;) Walker makes a quiet or hush series ive heard good things about. My magnaflow is too loud for my preferences. Previous system i asked for flowmaster 80 series and gor 50 series and it was awful.

Keeping a resonator in the mix is a good idea stock or otherwise. I have a vibrant unit on the shelf awaiting install to try and kill my drone.

I used a solo performance muffler that my customer found. It's really quiet. It had a Magnaflow that had a ton of drone with the supercharger. The straight exit was a request. Tucking much higher would make the tail pipe go uphill a bit, i was a bit concerned with trapping consensation.

Reactions: RFB
I had planned to have fixtures done for the 80 series this week. I built a prototype for a truck last week. But the last person to build exhaust for that truck removed all of the factory frame hangers. I ended up having to make my own which killed the prospects of building fixtures off of it. As soon as i can get an unmolested 80 in the shop I'll work on getting fixtures built.

View attachment 1570935

I'd like to see more of that welding bench, exhaust is looking fantastic

View attachment 1570929

View attachment 1570930

View attachment 1570932

View attachment 1570935

View attachment 1570936
yea, Im in.

I like this.

View attachment 1570929

View attachment 1570930

View attachment 1570932

View attachment 1570935

View attachment 1570936

So the op said header back but it does not seem that's what you're talking bout here. That looks sweet anyway though!

Youtube video of the 80's sound? as you know, a good portion of us 80 owners are very concerned with keeping things quiet.

Great looking work!!! Looking forward to seeing how this whole setup develops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom