Best Bolt on Header back exhaust system For 1996 LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmm, I have a 94 too. I just realised yours may only work on 95 and up. Mine already goes over the frame but the cats are side by side. I have no idea of what the later model configuration is.

The trucks I've been mocking up on have been 95 and up. It might be able to be modified easily enough to work on the earlier trucks since the front portion of my setup is a separate flanged part where it goes over the rail. I might be able to make a different front pipe, I just need to measure up a 94.

Just FYI there is a vibration damper on the side of the transfer case in 95+ rigs that interferes with the over-frame exhaust from 93-94. It can be removed easily with no ill effects that I noticed, but you might take that detail into consideration when designing an exhaust for these rigs

Got the second prototype fit up and tacked today. I'll TIG it up tomorrow and then reinstall it and run it around to check for rattles. Once that's all good I'll fixture for building more.
20171205_153344.jpg
20171205_153359.jpg
20171205_153405.jpg
20171205_153425.jpg
20171205_154853.jpg

I’m about to buy a new magnaflow y pipe as my boss cramped out, hat model # are you using so I can buy the same one to upgrade when you get this done? I do not need to be carb compliant

Looks really nice! Kudos for taking on the project as im sure the community will benefit from another solid supporting vendor.

I mentioned it on page one and please dont take the critique the wrong way. Coming from a design background, its solely to help create a better end product. And yes, much easier to say it than to build it.

Now that you have a stock truck and no s/c or sub tank to work around i really think it would be wise to consider a different pipe outlet location. Or at least a replaceable end piece past the last hangar. That location is just asking for damage if even mildly offroading.

I know you didnt want to hold condensate but if it could level off higher after rear xmember it could allow for a turn down even with frame rail or at least pitch in that direction.

That was a critique of the EMS system as well which was actually a bit more protected offroad by going out the side but regardless...

IMG_4482.JPG

The one in the latest pictures is still a bit long. I haven't decided on a termination point yet. It'll likely get shortened and a small turn down added. I like the idea of a removable rear section. That would be easy enough to incorporate. It's hard to see in the pics but this rendition is tucked higher on the section outside of the frame.

I haven't decided on a termination point yet. It'll likely get shortened and a small turn down added. I like the idea of a removable rear section. That would be easy enough to incorporate.

This is great to read, I was looking at the photos trying to figure out where to cut and add a turndown for clearance.

This is how mine tucks up on the inside of the frame rail but then again I'm not using the factory exhaust hangers which looks to be outside the frame rail.

IMG_20171206_123058184.jpg
IMG_20171206_123034661.jpg

I made the last 18" or so of the tailpipe easily removable, shortened it up a bit, and turned it down. I broke my last band saw blade prior to cutting the angle on the turn down piece. But here's the revision loosely held up in place. It should sit a little higher once the rest of the exhaust is bolted up.
20171206_173400.jpg

Thanks, and in relation to the magnaflow I understand just the one cat or two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom