Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honestly I don’t know. The mount, M4V3, was made for the regular overhead console. Do you have this longer console?
I’ve got one on order from a wreckers at the moment. Was just checking before I commit to the purchase cause the main reason I’m getting one is to buy your switch panel 😂

View attachment 2554187

This is a picture of a new Scosche product called the MagicMount MSC. If you integrate the black plastic housing highlighted in Red (minus the ball mount) directly into the existing Make2 LH and RH design, then the MagSafe puck (or aftermarket equivalent) can be loaded into it with the wiring hidden in the back.
Is this an existing product?

Is this an existing product?
Just announced at CES, so I don't think it's available for purchase yet. Just press photos and brief articles about it.

@BenCC Thoughts on printing blanks that will go where the CDL and Hazard switch are? I know you saw the other thread but I'm adding the post here for the official part request.

Maybe a blank, a switch or a usb plug?

Photo Jan 21, 4 55 56 PM.jpg

For those of you asking why I would want a blank there, check out my thread about moving that CDL button away from that spot. My knee has already turned on the CDL inadvertently and I don't want to do it again.

@BenCC Thoughts on printing blanks that will go where the CDL and Hazard switch are? I know you saw the other thread but I'm adding the post here for the official part request.

Maybe a blank, a switch or a usb plug?

View attachment 2560630

For those of you asking why I would want a blank there, check out my thread about moving that CDL button away from that spot. My knee has already turned on the CDL inadvertently and I don't want to do it again.
I can try to do something. Is the panel removable? Please take some pics of the backside. I may need the piece shipped to me.

I can try to do something. Is the panel removable? Please take some pics of the backside. I may need the piece shipped to me.

Yup that whole panel comes off. I took it off when installing my BT45. This photo is from that install. I can take it off again to show you whats around those switches.

Maybe when I get the switch moved I can ship you this panel.

IMG_9201.jpeg

Yup that whole panel comes off. I took it off when installing my BT45. This photo is from that install. I can take it off again to show you whats around those switches.

Maybe when I get the switch moved I can ship you this panel.

View attachment 2560635
Is this a whole piece? Or the sub panel where CDL mounts can be taken off?

Read through most of the posts on the cupholders. My LX is a 99 without the butterfly. I assume the chassis for lack of a batter word for the cup holder is the same. The only difference is the moulding to either accept a butterfly or not?

Also, I see lots of posts on this about people wanting to fit larger drinks, nalgenes, etc. I'm just sick of having to hold onto my venti starbucks every time I make a gentle slow-speed turn. Those cups are skinnier though. Will these larger diameter cup holders keep those from tipping over with the added depth/butterfly?

Appreciate what you do @BenCC and I would like to thank you with my dollars!

Hey Ben,

I may have missed it, but do you make a chapstick holder? Living in south Louisiana, if you don't keep it upright, it melts and makes a mess. I typically try to keep it in the cubby (AHC switch area). Just curious, keep up the great work!

@shtbrwn86 to your first question, correct. I ordered a butterfly when I got Ben's cup holder. Installed in a '99 LX.

As for fitting things, here are some examples of containers in the cup holder with the adjustable butterfly. Please also note that I'm using the coaster as well which takes up some of the depth. All containers would be even more secure without the coaster.

IMG_0852.JPG

Butterfly offset to the right

IMG_0853.JPG

Naglene fits in the larger position great. Without the butterfly in two Nalgenes would also fit

IMG_0854.JPG

Butterfly adjusted to hold standard 12 oz can, I figure this is close to the Starbucks cup diameter.

IMG_0855.JPG

Bottle of Coke is too narrow for butterfly to hold properly. Such a hippy shape :)

Remember though in the last pic you have the Coke bottle in the LARGEST position. If you swap over to the right (smaller) side in the photo you will be able to hold it much more securely.

Also not that the cupholder is "balanced" and equal on both sides. So the butterfly can be shifted all the way to the left (drivers.... opposite of what is shown above) to accommodate a nalgene large yeti rambler on the passenger side and still hold a 20oz cup or 12oz soda can on the driver side.

Here is the coke bottle in the smaller position. Still not very stable and if we're honest, never was in the original cup holder either. Probably best to just drink it faster and then start driving.

IMG_0856.JPG

@BenCC
Just had a thought about the cup holder and sorry if it has been discussed already, but what about an insert that just sits on top of the existing cup holders? I saw these on Etsy for the Gx and it's the same concept. Obviously these won't work for an LX and I know yours would be much better looking. Just a thought for those maybe wanting a simpler solution?

il_794xN.2750579377_jmy3.jpg
il_794xN.2702933410_diqs.jpg

@BenCC
Just had a thought about the cup holder and sorry if it has been discussed already, but what about an insert that just sits on top of the existing cup holders? I saw these on Etsy for the Gx and it's the same concept. Obviously these won't work for an LX and I know yours would be much better looking. Just a thought for those maybe wanting a simpler solution?

View attachment 2566933View attachment 2566934
I bought one for my 200 series and it is not even in the same ball park as the one @BenCC make for 100 series. Replacing the whole cup holder is the only way to go.

I bought one for my 200 series and it is not even in the same ball park as the one @BenCC make for 100 series. Replacing the whole cup holder is the only way to go.
Yeah I get that. It was just an idea for Ben. If he made one it would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom