Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For real. I run out of gas way before I could get to the bottom of two drinks.
You should wheel more. :lol:
One can strike up quite a thirst driving 5 or 6 mph over 8 hours.

I have to have a LX to fit the prototypes. Only with the foglight may not work.
I had to modify the design based on my LC2000 several times.

What part of town are you in? I'm on the west side of columbus with a '02 LX. Moving to Lexington January '21, but if you want to try to meet up to grab measurements or whatever you may need, let me know. DM if you prefer.

Hoping this part is next :bounce: USB/light on door light. The lenses become brittle and break the only option is to buy the entire assembly.

PXL_20201202_182108804.jpg

PXL_20201202_182112169~3.jpg

Thanks @I Lean for the feedback on the cupholder coaster. The previous design is very hard to remove from the cupholder for cleaning. A small raised feature is added in the center just beneath the butterfly. We can grab it and remove the coaster. Two holes? They are for pens or pencils when you dont use the butterfly.

1606948950056.png

Make 28 Installation

Step 1 Remove the ashtray assembly.

Use a plastic pry tool to remove the ashtray assembly.

Step 2 Remove the center console panel.

Use the plastic pry tool to pry open the center console panel.

Step 3 Remove the factory cupholder.

Remove the three screws and detach the cupholder from the center console panel.

Step 4 Place M28 in place and push it down.

Pull the panel around the ebrake towards the driver seat so the cupholder can be inserted. Push the cupholder down.
Do not bolt M28 with the center console.

Step 5 Replace the center console panel and the ashtray assembly.

Push down around the panel to lock the clips.

1606956196177.png

1606956541443.png

For the non-butterfly version, I wanted to add two inserts which can hold regular sized cups.

View attachment 2513657
That's what I'll need. I typically carry 1L water bottles with me (Ozarka, etc.), so I need something smaller diameter. Coupled with the deeper cup holder this would be perfect. Does a 1L water bottle fit in the insert?

Ben, I had another idea for a new product.

I've got a rear bumper with dual swing outs. I do not plan to, nor would I want to carry both swing outs full-time for road driving. I've searched but haven't been able to find, a cover, a condom really, to cap the bare spindles that hold the arms to prevent them from rust or other damage. Would need to be robust enough to handle general wear, handling, etc.

I'm not entirely sure how it might fasten, as the spindle is smooth and needs to stay that way. Maybe a pressure/tight fit, or some kind of soft material inside to allow it to squeeze the spindle. The lock nut could possibly be used, but I wonder if keeping the top of the condom a single, sealed piece would be best to prevent water intrusion.

Thoughts? If someone knows of a product like this that already exists, please let me know.

20201017_140900.jpg

I've got a rear bumper with dual swing outs. I do not plan to, nor would I want to carry both swing outs full-time for road driving. I've searched but haven't been able to find, a cover, a condom really, to cap the bare spindles that hold the arms to prevent them from rust or other damage. Would need to be robust enough to handle general wear, handling, etc.

I'm not entirely sure how it might fasten, as the spindle is smooth and needs to stay that way. Maybe a pressure/tight fit, or some kind of soft material inside to allow it to squeeze the spindle. The lock nut could possibly be used, but I wonder if keeping the top of the condom a single, sealed piece would be best to prevent water intrusion.

Thoughts? If someone knows of a product like this that already exists, please let me know.

View attachment 2514260
The spindle is typically full of grease. Are you going clean the grease out and to re-pack the grease each time you take it off?

View attachment 2514260
A tall vinyl cap might do the trick. Available from many places including McMaster.
C3F7D937-A836-44B0-9CDA-D0EF4C8E644C.jpeg

The spindle is typically full of grease. Are you going clean the grease out and to re-pack the grease each time you take it off?

I would. Once the bearings are removed it's just a residual layer on the spindle. Bearings are easy to store in grease, opening two swing outs multiple times per day sucks. I've taken to just leaving the arms open if I'm not planning on going anywhere immediately.

A tall vinyl cap might do the trick. Available from many places including McMaster.
View attachment 2514271

Great idea, thanks for the suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom