Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of 3d printed parts are used to fast prototype robotic components. My lab printers (E3D Toolchanger) have multiple extruder. It can print multiple materials, hard and soft, engineering grade and general purpose materials. I have replaced and upgraded my previous printers in order to have better print quality, higher throughput, and more important, higher design freedom. I expect that the printers similar to E3D toolchanger will go lower than $2000 in 2 years. So this is how these makes are related to my job.

I research and teach.

As a researcher, I work on variable stiffness robotic links and fingers. It has high load capability in high stiffness mode, has high dexterity in low stiff mode. It was all bio-inspired. It can also be co-robot which allows human operator in its workspace. The meat of the technology is in how you change the stiffness in a controlled timely manner.

As an educator, I teach a couple of engineering courses, like statics, dynamics, thermal dynamics, measurement, etc.

Make 24: EZFix of door switch panel

1 Overview of the Final Product

View attachment 2312259

A lot of us have suffered from flimsy door panel caused by broken or deformed tab. The panel is getting harder to source and cost a fortune. The printed EZFix tab can be glued over the broken factory tab. EZFix has overall larger dimension and thicker material.

View attachment 2312224

View attachment 2312234

2. Glue I used:

Loctite Liquid Professional Super Glue 20-Gram Bottle (1365882)

3. Price:

$0 + Shipping ($7.5 to $8.5)

The CAD took me about 1-2 hours. Material cost is minimum. So I will just make it free.
Just PM leaving your shipping address.
I broke my driver side panel tab and would like to order one!

FYI for folks thinking about an M2V2. It's included in my Black Friday 20% two item sale. Good only through Monday and I've still got ~14 or so in stock.

Proceeds go to myself and @BenCC (just in case anyone thought I was thread-jacking something unrelated :) )

What diameter for the inner step do you want?

Not sure. I can re-send the file to you. Something around the 2.75-3" range probably. Just something to old 12 oz cans a little better.

57041570641__A52B921C-5E9B-42F0-896D-65ADD890D48B.JPG

Got mine this weekend. I’m super excited to get it installed. Just a note...these new replacements are heavy duty. Emphasis on heavy. I was planning on lining the bottom with some extra sound deadening for some additional insulation, but that is clearly un-necessary now. Great job again @BenCC.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm fitment of Nalgene/Hydro flask bottles with the 55633-60050 butterfly? I grabbed the butterfly out of my 100, and I can't fit big bottles with it installed.
IMG_20201201_070227265_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201201_070249643.jpg
IMG_20201201_070313938.jpg

I can fit my big 36oz Yeti with the butterfly in the first rendition prototype but the butterfly has to be shifted over to the passenger side. This was purpose designed at the time. So you may only be able to fit ONE Large bottle in one side at a time..

Two large bottles without the butterfly
One large and one small with the butterfly shifted over
Two small with the butterfly
OK. That is disappointing, since I could fit one large/one small with the factory cupholder. This will still hold them more securely because of the depth though.

One though that won't matter to me since I already got mine....but are there bottles that require the 100mm diameter? I'm wondering if you downsized to 94mm or so, if that would give enough extra space to be able to fit the butterfly AND two large bottles? But maybe that would reduce the effectiveness of the butterfly, and I'm wishing for things that don't really matter. :p

Does the oem lid still work with your cup holders? (The wood trim lid on the LX/black plastic land cruiser)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom