Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really can’t express with enough enthusiasm how lucky we are as a community to have @BenCC to make this stuff for us. Not only are his products high quality, but his enthusiasm and willingness to make almost any part we ask for is rare in today’s day and age. I’m sure when I say this, I speak for all of us. Thank you Ben!
I had my first LC100 about 10 years ago as my daily drive in college. At that time, 3d print was not tangible. I always wanted to make stuff for my land cruiser. Then 4 years later, I drove it to California for graduate school. I do regret selling it because I could not afford $5/ga California gas. Two years later, I came back to Ohio for my PhD. The first thing I did was to search for a LC100 and got a same color same year as the one I sold. Long story short, I like this vehicle, like to improve our experience driving/camping in it.

World's weirdest looking LC haha.

The fog light mount holds up great in open environment.

The amber LED is another project that I want to replace the tuning signal. It functions as turn signal on city road, and as widespread-pattern light off road. It is in very early stage. The red mount is the first prototype.

1604175588461.png

Make 26: Wheel cap for Method NV Wheel

1. Overview

View attachment 2332019
Photo credit: @OwnerCS

M26V1
1590438707167.png

M26V2
1590439236303.png

M26V3
1590439684424.png

M26V4
1590441751628.png

M26V5
1590440451112.png

M26V6
View attachment 2318712

2. Material and fasteners

Carbon fiber infused nylon

All 18-8 stainless steel fasteners

3. Purchase (Incomplete)

I'm close to ordering some Method 701s, just waiting to see what the best BF sale is. Will these caps also fit the 701 wheels?

I'm close to ordering some Method 701s, just waiting to see what the best BF sale is. Will these caps also fit the 701 wheels?
Honestly, I have no idea. But I can print a quick prototype of these caps in cheap material and send it to you. If it fits, @suprarx7nut can print a set for you in the high-end material.

Details on the fog light mount

Honestly, I have no idea. But I can print a quick prototype of these caps in cheap material and send it to you. If it fits, @suprarx7nut can print a set for you in the high-end material.

Wow, that would be great!

More props for @BenCC. He made these front wheel caps for my Icon Compression wheels. For future reference, Icon Rebounds use the same caps.

B75BDDB8-1132-457F-A135-C6F109CBE693.jpeg

F88F0260-E871-4E4B-AEBD-C3F41967B59C.jpeg

Let’s see how it holds up after the winter. Do you have snow in your area?

No snow here. The most it will see is a few weeks of ski trips.

Make 37 Icon Compression/Rebounds Wheel Caps

1 Overview of the Final Product

IMG_1414.jpeg

Photo credit to @LandTuna

1604462775277.png

Photo credit to @larryt.

1604462633624.png

2 Introduction

The caps work on Icon Compression/Rebounds wheels. Thanks to @Dparo. He mailed his wheel cap to me. With a couple of iterations, M37 finally has all its dimensions fitted with the wheel. You can reuse the sticker from the original caps.

1604463117204.png

3 Purchase

$100 for a set of four caps plus shipping.

PM for Direct Paypal Payment.

Last edited:
Make 42 Dummy Flange

1604463988632.png

1604464190992.png

Photo credit to @Ayune .

2 Introduction

M42 is simply a splineless drive flange to use in case of a blown front diff. It protects the front bearings from water & debris while limping home. M42 is more of an emergency-use product.

@Ayune designed the part and we worked together on a couple of prototypes to get it correct.

3 Purchase

$50/pair plus shipping.
You can reuse the original nuts or buy six Nylon-Insert locknuts.

Last edited:
Make 42 Dummy Flange

View attachment 2485910

View attachment 2485913

Photo credit to @Ayune .

2 Introduction

M42 is simply a splineless drive flange to use in case of a blown front diff. It protects the front bearings from water & debris while limping home. M42 is more of an emergency-use product.

@Ayune designed the part and we worked together on a couple of prototypes to get it correct.

3 Purchase

$25 each including three Nylon-Insert locknuts plus shipping.

Wow... now that is an awesome AWESOME piece!!

Make 42 Dummy Flange

View attachment 2485910

View attachment 2485913

Photo credit to @Ayune .

2 Introduction

3 Purchase

$25 each including three Nylon-Insert locknuts plus shipping.

It should be noted that, in addition to removing the front drive shaft, BOTH front wheels need a dummy flange to isolate a blown front diff. So order in pairs. :)

It should be noted that, in addition to removing the front drive shaft, BOTH front wheels need a dummy flange to isolate a blown front diff. So order in pairs. :)

YUP! They should be sold in pairs for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom