Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just put in the console organizer ordered from @BenCC - couldn't be happier (I blame MUD for making me this way!). Originally it didn't fit (2006 LX470) but then Ben mentioned removing the rubber trim pieces and it went in perfectly. Only issue is I thought rubber trim should go back in, so the top seats as well as before...but, the rubber trim has a side rim that no longer fits with the organizer in place. Solution: trim the rim. Used scissors, then a dremel w/ grind wheel to smooth out surface. Replaced trim and sits over all the pieces very nicely. Just a FYI for those in a similar boat. For those that love the orange, I don't understand you, but that's cool. The black makes the whole set up look nearly factory.

2020-09-23 17.14.57.jpg

2020-09-23 17.22.50.jpg

2020-09-23 17.51.12.jpg

Sanitizer: 2020, what else to say.

Finally got a few pieces from Ben installed - they are M16V1, M18V2 and M7V2. I'm very happy! @BenCC, I think you'll get a call from Torfab in Washington - they were impressed with these parts.

One question: I don't yet have the need to put switches on the outlets since they're all wired to the inverter or main Group 31 battery with a secondary battery as a jump battery, so basically even if I mess up I won't get stranded. I'm looking for blanks to cover the switch holes. Any idea what those would be?

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

Finally got a few pieces from Ben installed - they are M16V1, M18V2 and M7V2. I'm very happy! @BenCC, I think you'll get a call from Torfab in Washington - they were impressed with these parts.

One question: I don't yet have the need to put switches on the outlets since they're all wired to the inverter or main Group 31 battery with a secondary battery as a jump battery, so basically even if I mess up I won't get stranded. I'm looking for blanks to cover the switch holes. Any idea what those would be?

View attachment 2446724

View attachment 2446725
Very clean. PM me. I think I can make some blanks for you.

Last edited:
Thanks! Incoming DM, also with order for the M6V6 Ram ball mount since my AHC just went bye. Also need the M24 to fix a door switch panel.

View attachment 2446724

View attachment 2446725
What inverter are you using and where did you install it?

It's a Wagan Pure Line 1000 Watt 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter 3804 with the Wagan Pure Line Inverter Remote AA5603. I found the best price from www.invertersrus.com. It's installed behind the passenger cargo area panel. The only downside to that is that you lose the small cubby and part of the big cubby back there. Originally I was thinking to install it under the drivers seat but it looked like it would stick out a bit and get kicked by my kids in the second row.

It's a Wagan Pure Line 1000 Watt 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter 3804 with the Wagan Pure Line Inverter Remote AA5603. I found the best price from www.invertersrus.com. It's installed behind the passenger cargo area panel. The only downside to that is that you lose the small cubby and part of the big cubby back there. Originally I was thinking to install it under the drivers seat but it looked like it would stick out a bit and get kicked by my kids in the second row.
Did you wire it directly tot he second battery? so the outlets are always on? I just got my exact same set up from Ben and getting ready to wire inverters in.

Are you taliking about the cubbies in the 3rd row area on the passenger side? Thanks for the info

I have a group 31 battery in the stock location using the Slee tray. I used the Slee second battery tray (with my ARB dual compressor mounted to it) after taking the AHC out. Right now, my setup is that everything runs off the Group 31, and the second battery is just a jump battery with a momentary switch in the dash to connect for jumping (both batteries charge from a Redarc BCDC1225D). The inverter outlets and the 12v outlets i put into BenCC's panels are all direct wire to the group 31 battery - the inverter directly and the 12v plugs run through a fuse block mounted in the driver side rear cargo area behind the panel with the jack so it will be accessible. I left the second battery alone, so I'll always have a way to start the engine even if I mess up and drain the group 31. The inverter is mounted behind where the cubbies were in passenger side of the third row/cargo area. The way it mounts, you lose the small cubby completely and about 1/3 of the big cubby. I'm going to modify the big cubby by cutting it off the end part, cutting off enough to clear the inverter, then gluing the end piece onto the rest of the cubby piece - basically, shortening the length of the big cubby so 2/3 of it will still be usable. I'm out of town for a couple days but can post some pics when I get home on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Hey Ben,

Did you end up making this design? I have been looking for something like this.
yes. They have been on my truck for the whole summer. I want them to go though the winter. Not lots people have made exterior parts with 3d printing. I just want to do expose them more to the weather.

yes. They have been on my truck for the whole summer. I want them to go though the winter. Not lots people have made exterior parts with 3d printing. I just want to do expose them more to the weather.

Thanks for getting back to me. That’s awesome. Sorry if you have already told people that.

Looking forward to you getting them out there.

If you need a tester hit me up. I live in so cal though so no crazy winter. Haha.

I'd be interested in being a test pig for these. Maine's weather would be a good test location.

This goes out today to @gregnash for evaluation.

Material is not the one I would use on the final product. I just grabbed what was available. I am planning to use a matte finish black material, probably carbon fiber PETG.

View attachment 2370659

Can I buy a print of the beta version? My birthday is coming up and this would make my Yeti cup holder wishes come true.

I have a group 31 battery in the stock location using the Slee tray. I used the Slee second battery tray (with my ARB dual compressor mounted to it) after taking the AHC out. Right now, my setup is that everything runs off the Group 31, and the second battery is just a jump battery with a momentary switch in the dash to connect for jumping (both batteries charge from a Redarc BCDC1225D). The inverter outlets and the 12v outlets i put into BenCC's panels are all direct wire to the group 31 battery - the inverter directly and the 12v plugs run through a fuse block mounted in the driver side rear cargo area behind the panel with the jack so it will be accessible. I left the second battery alone, so I'll always have a way to start the engine even if I mess up and drain the group 31. The inverter is mounted behind where the cubbies were in passenger side of the third row/cargo area. The way it mounts, you lose the small cubby completely and about 1/3 of the big cubby. I'm going to modify the big cubby by cutting it off the end part, cutting off enough to clear the inverter, then gluing the end piece onto the rest of the cubby piece - basically, shortening the length of the big cubby so 2/3 of it will still be usable. I'm out of town for a couple days but can post some pics when I get home on Wednesday.
Hi I have the exact setup too, so I assume you removed or don't have the factory sub in order to clear the fuse box and the 12V charger?

Thanks, some pics on your setup would be golden!

Proud to say I supported a small business and ordered something from Ben today

Hi I have the exact setup too, so I assume you removed or don't have the factory sub in order to clear the fuse box and the 12V charger?

Thanks, some pics on your setup would be golden!
I'll pull together some pics this weekend when I get back into town. The factory sub is still there. The Redarc is in the engine compartment. The fuse block I mentioned is next to the jack so it can accessed to check fuses by pulling off the jack hatch cover.

Just installed these 2 amazing 3d prints of @BenCC and could not be happier. The second row set up to some figuring out how to stuff it all in there but I made it work. Before I did these I added a second battery and a 12 spot fuse block to add these accessories to. I still have to do the third row cup holders and ashtray mounts I got from Ben as well. Ben these products are amazing!

IMG_7421.jpeg
IMG_7424.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom