Bench Testing truck components and the like (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so not sure where to post this but I have a general electronics bench testing question. Recently I was able to up an ARB twin air compressor unit that wasn't working. After testing the circuits, hooking it up to my scope and multi-meter and re-wiring.... I thought I had the issue sorted BUT my bench power supply only goes up to 10amp (12v). Without hooking the girl up to the car battery directly (which is what I eventually did to test) what are some other solutions to bench testing electronics such as this....? And by the way she works likes a charm now... and all for FREE ;)
Thanks!

Damn that’s pretty smart! How do you control amperage? I don’t want to blow out anything.

I use jumper cables attached to my truck and strung into the garage for the test.

Get an adjustable power supply. They are very handy to have around for bench testing many things.

I have one. But I can’t find any for higher amp outputs like I said in my OP. The one I have only goes to 10 amps.

Well without spending some coin on a high amp power supply then you’ll just have to run jumpers from a battery.

air compressors are among the highest amp demand items we fit on our cars. It can be hard to find a power supply within our budget that will do this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom