From Misfortune to Light of a New Day: Setting Up the Replacement Truck (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catching up on recent projects in this post. Finally got the bungee up around the inside of the cabin roof, so test fitted the curtains. I like it dark inside when sleeping and am cheap, too, so I use landscape cloth to make curtains. I foldover the top and using hot glue, entrap small blocks of wood to which I screw in a screwhook that goes over the bungee.
ap69Kr.jpg

In the above pic, you can see the green straps that restrain the water tank. I've left it uncovered until now, unsure how I'd treat it. I finally decided it needed carpet and it occurred to me this was a good place to use some Velcro, so cut carpet to fit and hook and looped it down.
tCshBk.jpg

I also plumbed the tank outlet so it's now ready to fill.
juPEbW.jpg

I didn't invent this solution, but saw it in someone video. It didn't explain what they'd done, but seems rather straightforward in order tp provide some insect-proof cross ventilation. It's made from three layers of 1/4" plywood. The center piece is sized to top slip into the window channel, while the inner and outermost panels are sized to fit just outside the channel. 3" holes are the drilled, paint as needed, then trap some screening sandwiched in between. Fit was adjusted after this pic to fit better where the windowglass comes up to hold it in place.
yYePm1.jpg

Up front, I added some more lighting with one of the new Harbor Freight LED Roadshock lightsm, the 14" spot & flood light bar., I considered a pair of the big round lamps, but was a bit worried about blocking air flow to the radiator. Ultimately, I mounted the light bar on top so that a pair of the others can still be installed later below the top of the ARB bar.
lekiGQ.jpg

lVnmYh.jpg

The light bar protrudes a little above the hood linen

but is unobtrusive for me, although shorter drivers might have a different viewe.
LcXxwP.jpg

Finally, I checked the fit of the Front Runner bottle to my little 5 pound gas bottle. I found that I needed to provide a better floor for it to avoid slipping and getting loose so cut one out of some steel that solved the problem.
zJ1Efs.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom