Beloved 80 carnage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't post much on forums but I have been an avid reader of ih8mud for a long time. Learned how to fix everything on my 80 including the seat gears and the PHH among many other things.

She wasn't perfect but we loved her much. My 18 year old has been driving her for the last 2 years...until yesterday. He got hit by a Tundra and was able to walk away without a scratch. As the wrecker was towing her away I told him to go kiss that truck, she just saved your life.

And we had just ordered the Whole Hog sub/amp bracket and new stereo system. :doh:

Dave in TX

1995-80-1.JPG

1995-80-2.JPG

Damn!

The main thing is your son is ok.

Although we're attached to our machines, it's only a machine and can be replaced. People can't.

Sorry to hear about the wreck.

Ouch!:crybaby:

Good thing the LandCruiser protected so it was only psychic damage beyond the truck. My condolences for your loss. Hope you'll be able to find another.

Ouch. That's a solid lick

Glad your son escaped serious injury. Sounds like you got a reason to hunt down another one :D

Thanks guys. He doesn't remember the airbags going off at all. But he does have a nice bruise from the seat belt on his shoulder.

Once we sort out insurance we will be looking for another. This one only had about 125K on the odometer.

1995-80-3.JPG

I always tell people that driving an 80, even with terrible gas mileage is cheap life insurance. A Prius would not have done well against a Tundra!

Dang it man! Another one bites the dust. Glad your son was wearing his seat belt and came out OK.

Any pics of the Tundra?

The Tundra cabin looks like it held up and did its job as well. Glad everyone is ok.

Wow, that's 3 in a week. This one, Brian in Pa, and my brother in NC. All the same outcome though, all the humans lived, all the cruisers died.

That looks like a 40th anneversary - can I have your driver's side rear door interior panel? LOL. WIsh I was closer to pick the carcass.

Almost looks like your son was the one doing the hitting there. Hard to tell from just a few pics though. The Tundra bumper is jammed out to the left (DS) as if the force of the impact passed from right to left through the vehicle. I'm guessing one of the two parties ran a red light and t-boned the other.
Like I said hard to tell though without being there, have seen some weird wrecks.

I always tell people that driving an 80, even with terrible gas mileage is cheap life insurance. A Prius would not have done well against a Tundra!

As for this ^ you would be surprised what they hold up to !

I'm very happy to hear that your son is ok and also happy to see both airbags deployed. Good to know they still work, not that I want to find that out!

Glad everyone is ok. Make sure you buy it back from the insurance for almost nothing and you will have every spare part you need for your next 80. Legally they have to give you the option to buy it but they won't always tell you about it. I would say $400 would be fair.

Glad everyone is ok. Make sure you buy it back from the insurance for almost nothing and you will have every spare part you need for your next 80. Legally they have to give you the option to buy it but they won't always tell you about it. I would say $400 would be fair.

Glad your son is okay.

Our last 80 also "took one for the team". Good luck with buying it back for $400. Geico wanted $3100 for our totaled rig. They based their asking price of the average IAAI sales price of 96 cruiser.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/668022-80-took-one-team.html

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Ouch Mel $3100 changes the game but your 80 did its job and saved the precious cargo.

that's not easy to look at, even being somebody else's.
one hand it's cool to see them after real world hits and how(well?) they took it. but i still don't like bent cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom