Battery system done all wrong (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
My 4+ year test results

I run dual batteries 1 in the factory location and 1 in the rear back corner
Batteries are wired in parallel and never separate
Batteries manufacturers do not match 1 Optima Blue and 1 Duracell marine
Battery sizes do not match 1 Blue Optima group 34 55AH and 1 Duracell AGM Marine group 31 105AH
I have used and been hard on this system running 2 heated blankets, fridge, and power for other needs

The Duracell was getting weak so I opted to replace it. The Blue Optima will still be used after 4+years

IMG_4379.JPG

2nd battery in passenger rear location? What did you use for a mount? I strangely have been thinking of relocating mine here but have never seen a mount readily available. Any other mods needed to make room? I am thinking the location and temperature is a non issue with the fact is going for so long there for you with no issues.

2nd battery in passenger rear location? What did you use for a mount? I strangely have been thinking of relocating mine here but have never seen a mount readily available. Any other mods needed to make room? I am thinking the location and temperature is a non issue with the fact is going for so long there for you with no issues.
Yes mounted in the rear corner.
I bolt down Optima batteries through the base

Come on man! With all the high end isolators out there……nope, not gonna bite. I am going for the driver and passenger side battery boxes when I do it. Wired in parallel with a jump box in the rear. Whatcha got, something like 110 amp hours saved up on your design? Good enough for Phil, good enough for me.

the battery box grommets are missing

No fuses on large gauge wires coming straight off the battery terminals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom