AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the ebony install above I don’t see the cutouts in the rear for the third row seat. Am I missing something?
No, you’re correct. Those photos were taken at a point in the install before I had cut the holes for any of the rear seat mounts. Also, regarding the 3rd row seats, since I have that row removed (and don’t ever plan on using them, just like many people), I didn’t cut holes for those mounts. I like the clean, uncut look in the cargo area.

Hey, Looking for anyone willing to post photos from a tan 100 series install. Got some interested peeps. Thanks!

No, you’re correct. Those photos were taken at a point in the install before I had cut the holes for any of the rear seat mounts. Also, regarding the 3rd row seats, since I have that row removed (and don’t ever plan on using them, just like many people), I didn’t cut holes for those mounts. I like the clean, uncut look in the cargo area.

So we have to cut holes ourselves in the carpet for third row seats? Is any other cutting required in the install? Many thanks for the info.

So we have to cut holes ourselves in the carpet for third row seats? Is any other cutting required in the install? Many thanks for the info.
Yes, all aftermarket carpet from this mfr. (and all others I've seen) comes uncut. That allows for people to use it who are doing anything from stock installations to drivetrain modifications with different shifters, different seating, etc. Since the carpet is molded to fit the existing floor, it can be positioned from that. Cutting holes after that isn't difficult.

Tip on cutting bolt holes... do NOT use a drill ;)

I just put carpet in my '84 Pickup over the weekend. To cut the holes, I did this...
- Thread the bolts in place, leaving 3/4" sticking out of the holes
- Put carpet in - make sure it's exactly where it goes - using the formed sections to locate it - feel for those bolts through the carpet and mark the holes on one side (e.g. passenger side) with a Sharpie
- Pull the carpet back out
- Use a socket (that you're willing to sacrifice) the diameter of the shaft of the bolt on an extension, heat it with a torch, use the "HotSocket" like a cookie cutter. It works amazingly well - leaves perfect little holes and cauterizes the ends edges of the carpet.
- Put the carpet back in, bolt that side down, repeat ^that^ process for the other side
- Bolt the carpet in place (both sides) without the seats, now you can cut the edges of carpet without the carpet moving around.

The hot socket really does work great...
Picture1.png

Picture1.png

Yes, all aftermarket carpet from this mfr. (and all others I've seen) comes uncut. That allows for people to use it who are doing anything from stock installations to drivetrain modifications with different shifters, different seating, etc. Since the carpet is molded to fit the existing floor, it can be positioned from that. Cutting holes after that isn't difficult.

Oh wow, this is not as 'plug and play' as i thought it would be. What are all of the areas that require cutting for a stock install?

Hey, thanks for the questions. Currently, we don’t have any more photos of the tan carpet other than what’s been posted above in this thread (and we haven’t done an install on tan ourselves). However, below, you’ll see an almost-finished install of a non-OEM color (this is a dark charcoal “Ebony “) in a grey interior 100.

Also, there have been suggestions that the carpet should have more padding added to it during the installation. This grey install is a mass-backed set, and we have not found that it needs additional padding (but we also haven’t installed a standard 100 set ourselves, so we have to defer to others on that at this point. We never found additional padding necessary on all the 6x installations we did, but the standard 100 sets may be different)

Thanks again, and let us know if this answers most of your questions.

View attachment 2156808View attachment 2156809View attachment 2156810View attachment 2156811View attachment 2156812

Man, that carpet looks great. Love the color. It matches the upper dash and door panels well. Very tempting to buy this for my LX.

Tip on cutting bolt holes... do NOT use a drill ;)

I just put carpet in my '84 Pickup over the weekend. To cut the holes, I did this...
- Thread the bolts in place, leaving 3/4" sticking out of the holes
- Put carpet in - make sure it's exactly where it goes - using the formed sections to locate it - feel for those bolts through the carpet and mark the holes on one side (e.g. passenger side) with a Sharpie
- Pull the carpet back out
- Use a socket (that you're willing to sacrifice) the diameter of the shaft of the bolt on an extension, heat it with a torch, use the "HotSocket" like a cookie cutter. It works amazingly well - leaves perfect little holes and cauterizes the ends edges of the carpet.
- Put the carpet back in, bolt that side down, repeat ^that^ process for the other side
- Bolt the carpet in place (both sides) without the seats, now you can cut the edges of carpet without the carpet moving around.

The hot socket really does work great...
View attachment 2188418

View attachment 2188419
NO NO NO! You're right, do NOT use a drill! In fact, I guess I need to put some sort of sticky in this thread to where my installation tips are in one place.

As I mentioned somewhere above, the easiest way to make bolt holes is to first (a) locate the bolt hole using some sort of sharp, thin pick (I buy the orange handle Harbor Freight picks for a dollar, and cut off / sharpen the ends. Having multiple picks available at one time can both locate the carpet on the floor and pinpoint the holes at the same time - more so on 6x trucks), and then (b) "open" the hole in the carpet by using a pencil-type soldering iron. Not only does it make a hole very easily, it also "cauterizes" the edges to help prevent the bolt from grabbing any of the treads and potentially causing a run (although, that would actually be kind of tough.....)

I may have missed it, but are there specific instructions on what to cut and where for a stock install? Why not just sell the carpet with all the cuts already made for the stock position?

NO NO NO! You're right, do NOT use a drill! In fact, I guess I need to put some sort of sticky in this thread to where my installation tips are in one place.

As I mentioned somewhere above, the easiest way to make bolt holes is to first (a) locate the bolt hole using some sort of sharp, thin pick (I buy the orange handle Harbor Freight picks for a dollar, and cut off / sharpen the ends. Having multiple picks available at one time can both locate the carpet on the floor and pinpoint the holes at the same time - more so on 6x trucks), and then (b) "open" the hole in the carpet by using a pencil-type soldering iron. Not only does it make a hole very easily, it also "cauterizes" the edges to help prevent the bolt from grabbing any of the treads and potentially causing a run (although, that would actually be kind of tough.....)
A tips post would be awesome, along with suggested supplies. Thank you.

I may have missed it, but are there specific instructions on what to cut and where for a stock install? Why not just sell the carpet with all the cuts already made for the stock position?

I don't think any company makes carpet for any car or truck that is 100% complete. Because that same piece of carpet covers multiple years - same floor, but things change over model years, e.g. console is longer, newer model has vents under seats, etc. Then there's the long list of options - manual vs. auto, 3rd row, amps, DVDs under seats, etc.

When I put the carpet in my little truck two weeks ago, I was initially a bit nervous - cutting holes, trimming, etc. But, just taking my time and moving methodically, it was really pretty simple. Having the carpet bolted down with the seat bolts and seatbelt bolts made cutting the edges a lot easier.

Couple more tips...
- I used a heat gun when tucking the carpet into the edges at the perimeter to determine where to trim - the softer the rubber backing (if this carpet is similar), the tighter it made a 90 degree fold, so I was cutting a lot closer to the seams. Just warmed up the carpet a little. A hair dryer would work too.
- I "splurged" on a better carpet/utility knife. Seems trivial, but I swear it made the work easier. Better grip, new blades...

Nothing wrong with the cheap/basic knife...
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 8.13.25 AM.png

... but this one was just a lot nicer to work with (also cheap)
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 8.12.26 AM.png

Also kinda trivial, when your friends ride in your truck and say "Oh man, this looks great. Where'd you have it done?", you get to say "I did it" ;)

Last edited:
So happy I found this thread! Definitely interested for a grey interior 2002 100 series.

Very nice product. Is a version of these carpets available for the LX470?

Hey, Looking for anyone willing to post photos from a tan 100 series install. Got some interested peeps. Thanks!
I am very willing. My truck will be in the shop for at least another week getting the mechanical equipment of a Swedish massage. After that's done, she goes to the upholstery shop for carpet install and leather repair. I'll be sure to post up pics right after.

Very nice product. Is a version of these carpets available for the LX470?

yep! Product number and color options are the same as the 100 series

$ 260.00 plus shipping for carpet with regular poly backing
$ 366.00 plus shipping for carpet with mass backing

PM me if you additional info. Valerie

Still patiently waiting for pics of Tan carpet on tan interior...

Seller - can you comment on thickness of mass backed carpet vs OEM?

Still patiently waiting for pics of Tan carpet on tan interior...

Seller - can you comment on thickness of mass backed carpet vs OEM?

sorry, but we don't have the actual measurements of the differences in thickness, but here's some info from the manufacturer that might prove helpful...

"Mass Backing is a special upgrade backing that’s bonded to the back of your vehicle’s molded carpet. The material is a 45mil thick Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) that makes your interior carpet heavier—providing more sound protection and heat insulation than the standard backing. It also makes the installation process easier and gives your vehicle a more luxurious look once completely installed. Around 1990, car manufacturers began to install mass backing as the standard backing. Therefore, late model car owners are encouraged to purchase the mass backing when replacing their car carpet if they wish to enjoy the same standards and level of comfort. Since mass backing provides excellent sound and heat protection by itself, there’s no need to install additional sound deadening material prior to laying down your carpet, which can save you time and money. Overall, mass backing creates a quieter, cooler, and more comfortable cabin for an all-around better driving experience."

With regard to photos of a tan carpet installation, it sounds like @spc7669 is willing to post upon completion......stay tuned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom