ASFIR 4x4 Skids are back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's the difference between these and the RCI?

made in the USA vs Israel?

What's the difference between these and the RCI?

These only come in 1/4” aluminum and the middle skid is two in one. The RCI skids are three skids plus additional supports and then the gas tank skid. The ASFIR kit is two skids and the gas tank for the same price as just the three RCI skids not including the gas tank.

These only come in 1/4” aluminum and the middle skid is two in one. The RCI skids are three skids plus additional supports and then the gas tank skid. The ASFIR kit is two skids and the gas tank for the same price as just the three RCI skids not including the gas tank.
Keep us updated!

I have run these since 2010 and beat the tar out of them. Still holding up!

I would if purchased these 2 years ago if they had been around, didn’t notice, do they give the weight of them?

Dan did you have any fitment issues installing on your GX

None on fitment, but I did add a support bar across the middle (ACC did the work) to reinforce the kit. Their bar didn't look structural enough.

Yep

Update, I received an e-mail from Leonard Solomon <import@asfir.com> over the weekend and this was the response to my e-mail about confirmation that they are shipping to the US again and that the Front Skid plate showed as being Not In Stock on the website.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your below mail and sorry for the delay in reply but we were closed for a public holiday.

Regarding p/n 560055 (Front skid plate Toyota LC120 03-09/FJ Cruiser 03-09), at present we have this part in production and could grab one for you should you place an order.

There are no additional fees from our side other than the item and shipping costs. However any customs release charges in the USA would be your responsibility.

From experience usual shipping times to the USA are between 7 and 10 days.

Best regards,

I just placed my order for all three skid plates (560055 | 560061 | 560070) so I will let you guys know as soon as it arrives. Out the door price over PayPal was $867.50 for three skids in 1/4" aluminum (The only option).

Any idea how these hold up vs Hefty?

I just placed my order for all three skid plates (560055 | 560061 | 560070) so I will let you guys know as soon as it arrives. Out the door price over PayPal was $867.50 for three skids in 1/4" aluminum (The only option).

Ahh I forgot their website pricing would be in AUD -- that's a lot better than the $1100+ shipped that I saw when I looked! I'd have to cut the front skid due to KDSS, I believe..

Last edited:
@DanKunz has beat the snot out of his for years from what I understand. Apparently he added additional support on the middle skid as mentioned above.

I found a post by Dan where he has had to beat them back straight but they are still going.

Excellent. I may give them a shot and just break out an angle grinder on the front skid to make it clear my sway bar.

They have rear bumper wings for the 80 Series, I sent those over to a buddy to check out.

The only other items for the 120 Series is a hidden winch and a front bumper but both require special freight handling so sounds like special shipping quotes.

I have straightened mine twice in 8 years of hard wheeling. They hold up amazingly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom