Are 80 Series for the height advantaged? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife and I are looking at a 97 LC and when I test drove it earlier today, it felt like it didn't have enough leg room for me. I'm 6'3" and have a 99 Outback as a daily driver. I am use to smallish driver compartments but for some reason the 97 we drove was causing my right knee almost immediate discomfort due the angle it was bent. To my knowledge, the sit was as far back as it could go.

Is this a common feeling from 6'+ folks?

Also, are there aftermarket seat options that would allow me to move the site back another couple of inches?

Thanks

Yes, its a known problem.

There is a MOD you can make to have the seat go back just a bit further.
There seems to be a BUMP in the floor that does not let the electric seat go back as far as the manual seats due to the motor/base hitting this bump.
This MOD works you around this problem.

I just whish my steering wheel was telescoping.

:D

Maybe someone can chime in with the link to the seat MOD.

landtank used to sell them if I'm not mistaken. Pm him.

I did some searching and found a thread about them. It appears that he is still selling them. I'll drop him a note once we close on the 97.

Thanks for the help.

I'm 6'3, I just leaned the back some and have had no problems. I could see where it may not be the most comfortable to some.
Good Luck

At 6'5", I felt your pain! Landtank's mod gives you 2", which sounds small but is huge. I did it, it was a bit of a pain to do, but works great.

I'm 6'3, I just leaned the back some and have had no problems. I could see where it may not be the most comfortable to some.
Good Luck

x2.:cool:

Also, the seat height is very high off the floor in an 80. Driving one for the first time feels a little weird.:steer: You'll get used to it very quickly.:cheers:

Yeah 6'4" and it is really different and takes some getting used to but after a while I don't really notice it. I have thought about doing the seat mod and will probably due so in the future. I find sitting in the p/s front seat is really uncomfortable.

I'm only 6 1 and have this problem. One of the reasons i swapped a manual cruiser for an auto was that with the seat in a good position, the gearstick was a real reach.

at 6ft3 i opted for a twofold solution that worked well-

1- cloth seats. (alot less thick in the seatback area (probably gives an inch over leather)
2- pulled out seats and shimmed the front sliding mechism with 3/4inch of washers.....and shimmed the rear with 1/2in......this effectively gives the seat a bit more tilt as well as added height from pedal. Doesnt sound like much but the new tilt gives better lower thigh support---and the tilt pushes the seatback slightly back............effectively yielding another inch.

Sitting slightly higher is noticable---and feels right. Both add up to have no real need for Landtank mods at 6ft3

i'm 6'5" and dont have any issues...i do like sitting close to the wheel though...

Go with the land tank seat mod. I'm 6'2 and this was the best mod I've done to my truck yet.

I'm only 6"0" and this is the smallest cabined - big truck i've owned-

I am 6'4" and weight around 250lb's and although the front seat is tighter than say a dodge ram pickup truck, i am perfectly comfortable with the seat all the way back and the backrest leaned back a bit. driven many hours in that position and was always comfortable.

I am 6'2" and had the same problem with my right knee. My first 2 hour trip had me wondering if I would need to sell the vehicle. I put in the Landtank mod, and it took care of the problem completely.

@ 6'6" 260lbs it took some getting used to, be sure to remove the little plastic "footrest" that your left foot would rest on, opens that up a bit. I would probably benefit from the seat mod but have grown used to the seating position, my GF is 6'1" and she say it's perfect... I DO hate my knee bumping the overdrive off quite often though?

I'm 6'5" but I havent had any trouble with my legs. I do have trouble with the rear view mirror being in my line of sight though. I have to move my head to check for a car to my right at a four way stop. Not just a cruiser problem though, a tall problem.

Not stereotyping but 7 passengers??? Small Japanese??? without killing each other???? Like saying a Prelude is a 5 passenger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom