Are 80 Series for the height advantaged? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For me, the worst part is the weird angle to reach the gas pedal. maybe I just need new seat cushion, as i lean slightly.

I'm 6'7" and after I placed a seat extension on my seat I've never looked back. My 80 is super comfortable. Last week I drove over 800 miles with it.

Regards

Alvaro

Thanks for all the comments. Glad to see that I wasn't crazy.

One thing that I thought of regarding LandTanks mod was if my wife would hate it? She is 5'4", so if I move the seat back 2", then will she have problems reaching the peddles? I'm guessing I'm in a no win situation here!

Put the seat all the way forward, then back it up 2" and have her sit in it. That should give you a good idea of where it will end up.

I'm 5'5" and don't need the seat all the way forward.

I'm 6'5" 250 lbs, and have the Landtank seat mod. For me it made a hugh difference, but now my sit cushion is finished. Last November on a long road trip I ended up doing something to my back due to the lack of a proper cushion. It took me over 4 months for my back to get better. I have been using a rolled up towel on top of the seat until I can get it fixed.

80's are made for little people. Leg room, hip room, head room and thigh support from the seat are short and tight. My 5'3" wife adores the truck. I put the seat mod in for my 6'3" frame and leg room is better, but the steering wheel reach is a stretch. I would not want to have to drive an 80 all the time. Fortunately I don't have to.

I'm 6'3" and 240. I've driven much more size unfriendly rides.:meh: With the seat adjusted properly, I have no trouble driving it all day.:steer::D

6'0"

Totally bearable stock, but definitely not winning any comfort awards.

I am rather curious how Toyota managed to make the cab so small. Truck sure as hell looks wider than the cab would indicate.

6'0"

Totally bearable stock, but definitely not winning any comfort awards.

I am rather curious how Toyota managed to make the cab so small. Truck sure as hell looks wider than the cab would indicate.

Looks can be deceiving.:hmm: People compare the 80 to full size American trucks, truth is, they're closer to the size of a compact truck. My 80 is only 2" wider than my 95 Taco.:meh:

Personally, I like the size.:cool: Before my 80, I wheeled a first gen 4Runner. I was constantly mashing my head and shoulder into the door:crybaby: I rarely have that issue in the 80.:D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom